Crazy PMs?

All members! Please read this!
This is your information page that lets you know what's happening with the board.
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Crazy PMs?

Post by YoDude »

Hi guys,

Its been brought to my attention, there's seems to be some crazy PMs being delivered to several of our members that covers a conversation between myself and another member that originate from myself.

I do not broadcast PMs to groups of members, so I'm not sure what's truly happening with that.

At this point in time I have no solution to the issue so just disregard them until I can take a further in-depth look at this or Mike can likely figure it out much easier than myself.

We have not yet moved the site to the new server so that hasn't been an issue for us. As far as a virus, I would say very likely not the cause. If I was running the site from my own personal computer, then I might think that could be very likely, but the server is a professional one that is governed by people we don't know.

There may be an issue in the phpBB code base that I'm unaware of and we are a few versions below the latest that's available.

Any way just thought I'd make mention of this.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Re: Crazy PMs?

Post by Designer »

Thanks YoDude! I had thought this might have been some sort of,..'glitch'...that sprung up after the Transfer to the New Server.

Oh Well! ;IDunno:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Yes, I noticed after I PM'd you about it, future PM's back to me had the recipients name followed by 'Registered Users'.
Almost like a 'reply to all' entry. :donno:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

It's been a year since this incident has happened. I would expect that if there was still an issue at this time, I would have been hearing about it.

So my conclusion is that it must have been a glitch of some sort and it apparently has faded out of existence.

Very well,

Back to work!

Yo-

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

YoDude wrote:It's been a year since this incident has happened. I would expect that if there was still an issue at this time, I would have been hearing about it.

So my conclusion is that it must have been a glitch of some sort and it apparently has faded out of existence.

Very well, Back to work! Yo-
:blink: You,.....you mean,.....It,.....it wasn't you, Swirling your Magic Wand while making some sort of Electronical Incantations that cast aside the Hexing Spell that vexxed this Board ? :uhh:

This shatters my vision of you being THE Grand High Exulted Merlin-the-Great ! :cry:

(sigh) :donno:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Fear not, Eduardo the Great. My exemplary wizardly abilities remain quite intact. Time for a Beer! :cheers:

Yo-

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

YoDude wrote:Fear not, Eduardo the Great. My exemplary wizardly abilities remain quite intact. Time for a Beer! :cheers:

Yo-
Whew! :blink: [space] That was a close one ! :shock:

For a moment there,....I was kinda-sorta Crushed! :uhh: ...............but now? :? ........I'm Back-on-track and all Faith is RESTORED! [emoji106]

Carry on,......Oh Most August Wizzard of The Intruders Alert Internetal-type Cyber-Board Of Note! :bow:

:jester:

RoadKing
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: Road King

Post by RoadKing »

Hey, Wiz... you using Hillary's bathroom closet server again? That splains it all
“Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury…
Signifying nothing”

Signifying monkey, stay up in your tree. Always lying and signifying, but you better not monkey with me.