Posting pictures question

All members! Please read this!
This is your information page that lets you know what's happening with the board.
Leckbass
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: 1992 Intruder 1400

Posting pictures question

Post by Leckbass »

I need a little help posting pictures, I used to use Photobucket all the time now they're not accepting third-party posting unless I pay for the site, what are you guys using now?

Any help posting pictures of be appreciated.

1sttightwad
Learning My Moped
My Bike: 2008 Suzuki s83

Re: Posting pictures question

Post by 1sttightwad »

Is there a reason we cannot post a picture directly from our photo galley without having to go thru photo bucket, tumblr, etc., Dave

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I've been using postimage.org for a number of years now.
The only thing I request is that you never use thumbnails to post images, use the direct link instead.

https://postimage.org

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

I use the bucket and don't pay squat.
http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewtopi ... =11&t=7895

1sttightwad
Learning My Moped

Post by 1sttightwad »

Question not answered.. Why not from our gallery... I have never had to use a 3rd party to post pictures on any of my blog sites.. Got the little attachment paper clip symbol, open the photo, press the button.. simple. Is it the web design preventing it. They all had a test section to see what your photo would look like before posting and if it needed re-sizing you could do it and be done. Dave

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

I think i know what you mean. Like the forum itself can upload the image from your comp etc.. But guess this site just doesn't have that option to upload/store everyones pics.

1sttightwad
Learning My Moped

Post by 1sttightwad »

BRONX INTRUDER wrote:I think i know what you mean. Like the forum itself can upload the image from your comp etc.. But guess this site just doesn't have that option to upload/store every ones pics.
Bingo! Hmm. new web designer maybe? That would make it a lot easier along with a test section to preview that actual photo before publishing so a thumbnail doesn't get by.. I have always been able to use the attachment "paper clip", go to my library, open and then add. Simple. Thanks, Dave

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

1sttightwad wrote:
BRONX INTRUDER wrote:I think i know what you mean. Like the forum itself can upload the image from your comp etc.. But guess this site just doesn't have that option to upload/store every ones pics.
Bingo! Hmm. new web designer maybe? That would make it a lot easier along with a test section to preview that actual photo before publishing so a thumbnail doesn't get by.. I have always been able to use the attachment "paper clip", go to my library, open and then add. Simple. Thanks, Dave
It's a bit of a pain to have to go through the extra couple steps to use a webhosting site like photobucket or the like, but "if it ain't broke" I guess. Might risk crashing the whole board to switch it now, maybe? It is a bit annoying to go through a thread that could be extremely useful only to find the pics on it don't exist anymore for whatever reason... :bang:
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I understand peoples concerns about being able to post pics on the site directly.

I will look into this a bit deeper, but I'm not going to give any promises on this one.

Using a third party site to host photos requires a lot of extra storage space on their servers and not ours. That's one reason why we don't do it. Another is that these other sites often scrutinize the images before we (our mods) would ever have to and that relieves them of the extra work of doing it here.

Like I said, I'll look into it, but don't keep your fingers crossed.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.