Beware of Scootworks maker of Phat risers etc.

All members! Please read this!
This is your information page that lets you know what's happening with the board.
linesider
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Suzi vs1400 Kawasaki Nomad

Beware of Scootworks maker of Phat risers etc.

Post by linesider »

Just a cautionary note. In late February I ordered a set of Phat Risers from Scootworks, speaking/ordering from Dave. He showed me pictures of the product, and I placed my order paying with PayPal after receiving a PayPal invoice from his business. [emoji106]

A few weeks later (March 13) having not heard nor received anything, I emailed Dave and he told me that he had been busy out in the workshop and had the risers ready to go, adding that they would be shipped out the following day and that he would send me a tracking number. I got nothing. :Umm:

On April 10th I emailed him again and he apologized saying that he had some "family issues" that he had been taking care of and would get them shipped right away.

On May 1st I contacted him again and he replied that he thought that they had already shipped but that he would check and get back to me. That was the last time he contacted me. :hellfire:

I tried three times since then and have never heard word. I honestly don't know what has happened, but I do know that I am out $100 and have nothing to show for it. And since I paid as if as a "gift" (thought I was doing him a favor) I have no recourse with PayPal. :sad:

So, just a buyer beware.

***Mods, feel free to move this to a more appropriate page if needed...

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: Beware of Scootworks maker of Phat risers etc.

Post by MadCow »

It's been known they are crooks for quite a while, check out the reviews...

https://www.google.com/search?q=Scootwo ... 8&oe=utf-8
-DBTO