You may have noticed the board has changed.

All members! Please read this!
This is your information page that lets you know what's happening with the board.
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

You may have noticed the board has changed.

Post by YoDude »

....And that's true. Today I did a major update to the forum. The board was out of date with the version we were running and because of that, the phpbb guys no longer offer support for that version. While the board has been updated to the very newest version, we lost a lot of work that's been done since the board was created.

All of the styles with the exception of prosilver have been disabled. In addition, Tapatalk is also dead, the site logo is still present on the server, but the new files don't know how to find it. The size of the font has reverted back to the original size.

Some of the very useful admin tools are missing in this new version as well. Mainly the ones that allow easy editing of some of the files that allow changing the text size and telling the files were your stuff is located on the server, like your site logos and things like that.

Fortunately, the smilies, bbcode links and database are all still intact and otherwise, it seems everything else is working very nicely.

Rest assured, I'm working on these issues, starting with the smaller ones first. The styles and Tapatalk are going to be the biggest issues and it's possible we might not be getting those features back until updates for those are available. There is a new version of Tapatalk that is supposed to be version compatible with the version board we are running now, but the installer is being a bitch and refusing to reinstall that application.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Hopefully I can get the font size back in order tomorrow, but without the admin tools I had in the past, makes it very difficult to do the simple things I was accustomed to doing.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Dude
Site Admin
My Bike: Susuki VS1400

Re: You may have noticed the board has changed.

Post by Dude »

There is a new style available called 'prosilver special addition' it's not as blue! Pretty nice actually! It seems to have a larger font size as well.
You'll see it in your UCP! Check it out!

-Dude

Dude
Site Admin
My Bike: Susuki VS1400

Post by Dude »

Found another one you guys might like.

-Dude

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

An upgrade that goes backwards I don't call an upgrade. :bonk: While appearances are nice functionality is what counts to me. Oh and I want the logos back asap. :lolfall: [space] :OhNo; I've also lost the UCP. ;IDunno:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:An upgrade that goes backwards I don't call an upgrade. :bonk: While appearances are nice functionality is what counts to me. Oh and I want the logos back asap. :lolfall: [space] :OhNo; I've also lost the UCP. ;IDunno:
You haven't lost the UCP John, just click on the drop down where it shows your name at the top right of the page, it's in there.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Sadly, the site logo situation is proving to be problematic. The logo we had doesn't want to fit in the allotted area. I know there's a way to change the size of that area, but haven't yet found it. On the old version of the board, this was a very easy thing to do. I'm not giving up!

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

As usual, if you're having any problems with the board, or something's not working for you, please make mention of it in the 'suggestion box'

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

98VS1400 wrote:Ditch tapatalk.
Haters gonna hate.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

With the smaller print it makes the screen look larger I like the new set up...
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Post by Night_Wolf »

We going to get a set up similar to what we had? Not fond of the choices currently :bang:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Night_Wolf wrote:We going to get a set up similar to what we had? Not fond of the choices currently :bang:
Forum version 3.0 was released some time ago and has been around for quite a while. The phpBB people decided to stop offering support for that version when the 3.1 version was released in March of last year. The upgrade for us here, went from version 3.0.12 to version 3.1.3 which is the very latest version and was released on February 1st of this year, so it's not even been three weeks out of the box.

The 3.1 version is not downward compatible with the older 3.0 version so because of this, makes all the previously installed styles and everything else that was installed on the site incompatible as well.

Since the 3.1 version release last year, some of the style developers have created a very few number of new styles that are compatible with this new version. I check on these about once a month to see if there's anything new, but I guess it's a slow process.

Yo-

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

It should not be that hard to change colors.
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Were there a lot of problems with the old version, if not why not just stay with it? I know we, at least most people, want the newest version but to me that isn't always the best thing to do. So unless you were having a lot of problems go back to the old version and when a small problem pops up tell the person with it "tuff shit" I can't fix it without upgrading and then we as a group lose to much. Just thinking outloud. You may go back to upgrading the board. :bow:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

I like the new board appearance. :OhNo; [space] [emoji476]

Seriously, I don't care what the color is and there are 1/2 dozen variations so that is enough for me until they further develop the new version. I do miss the icon a little but I don't spend that much time admiring it so.... ;IDunno: I think the moderators are doing a great job, in fact they should get triple what we pay them. :cheers: :evil:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Okay, I finally figured it out and the board logo is now back in place for the prosilver style.

I will have to check the rest of the styles and make adjustment if necessary.

Ya'll can buy me a beer now. [emoji2]

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

If you do not see the site logo, hold down the ctrl key and hit F5.

Yo-

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I like the board as it stands now..good job YO [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Well, it is persistent for all the available styles, but they're all based on prosilver to an extent, so I don't know if that can be changed or not. I'll see if I can find something.

Yo-

frodo
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki C-50

Post by frodo »

I think you're doing a great job Yo, thanks for starting this...It's working much better than the IA is at this space and time! [emoji106]

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Dear Frodo Sir,

It's not just me here...it's myself, 98VS1400 and MadCow too, that run the site thus far.
Both of these boys are great with all the help they do here. We're a small family together.

With our latest members, we form a community. It's true we are similar to IA as it was, but we have a different set of values here that make for something different than what IA had. We have more open forums geared for various discussions that IA was not open to, for whatever reason.
We offer a bit more diversity than what IA was giving and we have a Saloon (Back Room) comeback that IA was totally against. Why do we have that and IA did not? It's simple....we are not driven by advertising! And this is the reason we have a donation page. Donate if you want!

Much less stress, much less strife here than there was there. This is a priority of this site. To keep the peace and freedom.

Yo-