Board upgrade

All members! Please read this!
This is your information page that lets you know what's happening with the board.
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Board upgrade

Post by YoDude »

Yes, it might have seems the site went down, but that was just me playing in the background as some of us will do from time to time.

The board has been brought up to the latest version and is was a real job getting it there after having to hammer very deliberately on our host server people to get them to get their shit together.

Finally accomplished the mission in less than 48 hours of nerve racking, nail biting time.

Sadly though all the old styles are all incompatible with the new version and all have been deleted from the board.

I did run across one however that some may like. Rather than flood the entire board with this new style, I'll leave it to you if you want to use it or not. If there enough popularity, I could make it the new default.

So for those that would like to check it out, do this. Go into your User Profile and click the tab that says Board Preferences. Scroll down a bit and you should see styles with a drop down box. Prosilver is the board default, click the down arrow and you'll see another, Purplaxian or some crazy name, select it and down a little further, click submit. In just seconds you'll be transformed into a new world that doesn't make you go blind!

Personally, I like it :mrgreen:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Re: Board upgrade

Post by MadCow »

I like the new theme as well :)
-DBTO

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Post by Cuban »

YoDude wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:05 pm
The board has been brought up to the latest version and is was a real job getting it there after having to hammer very deliberately on our host server people to get them to get their shit together.

Thanks for the server upgrades Yo. I know how much fun things like that can be. Since retiring, I find I don't miss it at all. lol

OK... I just looked at that purple theme and barfed three times before making it safely back here.

I have just a couple of little items I wanted to mention about the new code...

First, when you quote someone's post now, you get a string along with their username. See below:

[ quote=YoDude post_id=171679 time=1591239955 user_id=48 ]

The other thing I noticed was one of the most popular smileys is broken. It's the BIG SMILE [emoji2] tilted "Shit eating grin", so it's probably getting caught up in the swear jar. Some of the others may be broken too, I'm not sure...

I think those are the only things I've noticed so far. If I see anything else, I'll holler.

:cheers:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Cuban wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:21 pm
YoDude wrote:

Thanks for the server upgrades Yo. I know how much fun things like that can be. Since retiring, I find I don't miss it at all. lol

OK... I just looked at that purple theme and barfed three times before making it safely back here.

First, when you quote someone's post now, you get a string along with their username. See below:

The other thing I noticed was one of the most popular smileys is broken. It's the BIG SMILE [emoji2] tilted "Shit eating grin", so it's probably getting caught up in the swear jar. Some of the others may be broken too, I'm not sure...

I think those are the only things I've noticed so far. If I see anything else, I'll holler.

Well, let see about the string thing and the shit eating grin thing as well...
Cuban, I thank you for your input.. I like this style as it doesn't make me put on my sun glasses to view it.
Also I thought maybe some purple board users may appreciate it as well.
At any rate, thanks bro.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I've got some time I'll work on the smiles.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Smily test: :bang: :ShitGrin: :ShitGrinandThumb: :bow: :cheers: :clap: :blink: :bonk: :confused: :rag: :eek: :evil: :fu: :fubird: :lmao: :jester: :kiss: :notsayin: :lolfall: :moon: :naughty: :rock: :sad: :shock: :DULL; :smile: :Cool: :tongue: :ahha: :uhh: :wink: :donno: :hellfire: :clap: :Innocence: :bs: :funnylast: :hat: :GoneFishin: :Umm: :OhNo; :hahafinger: ;IDunno: :HatTip: :putput: :soda: :soapbox: :popcorn: :XmasTree: :XmasTree: :ToungMe:

Okay, looks good

Yo-

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

YoDude wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:30 pm
:bang: :ShitGrin: :ShitGrinandThumb: :bow: :cheers: :clap: :blink: :bonk: :confused: :rag: :eek: :evil: :fu: :fubird: :lmao: :jester: :kiss: :notsayin: :lolfall: :moon: :naughty: :rock: :sad: :shock: :DULL; :smile: :Cool: :tongue: :ahha: :uhh: :wink: :donno: :hellfire: :clap: :Innocence: :bs: :funnylast: :hat: :GoneFishin: :Umm: :OhNo; :hahafinger: ;IDunno: :HatTip: :putput: :soda: :soapbox: :popcorn: :XmasTree: :XmasTree: :ToungMe:

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Cuban wrote:
YoDude wrote:

the "quote=YoDude post_id=171679 time=1591239955 user_id=48 " is so you can also click the username, also quotes the time the original post was made and the direct link back to the quoted post. Look closely at this quoted post....you'll see some changes/upgrades to the quoting system.
-DBTO

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

MadCow wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:16 pm
Cuban wrote:
YoDude wrote:
the "quote=YoDude post_id=171679 time=1591239955 user_id=48 " is so you can also click the username, also quotes the time the original post was made and the direct link back to the quoted post. Look closely at this quoted post....you'll see some changes/upgrades to the quoting system.
:ShitGrin: Thanks Mike. Yeah, I noticed the new little arrow there.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I think the purple stuff is great. Going to keep it for awhile.

However, I am having trouble with the youtube feature and cannot highlight anything .
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Yes, Herb, I know. for some reason the BBCodes that are addons are no longer working. You can still Copy/Paste the URL into a post and it will still work, but it no longer puts the player in the post as it once has done. I really miss the YouTube one and am in contact with the PHPBB people on their forum in an effort to attempt to get it working again.

Here is YoutubeID
[YoutubeID][/YoutubeID]

and YoutubeURL

I like the old way much better.

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Hmmmm, that was strange to say the least. Something is going on here as I proved to myself that posting the URL to a youtube vid would actually post the player to it here.. I did this more than once. For some reason, it won't do it now. Very strange.
Oh well, keep trying.

Yo-

Cuban
Bike out of hock

Post by Cuban »

YoDude wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:20 pm
... Something is going on here as I proved to myself that posting the URL to a youtube vid would actually post the player to it here.. I did this more than once. For some reason, it won't do it now. Very strange...

:ShitGrin: That's too bad eh. The visual impact of the embedded player was a nice touch. Hope you're able to replace it. :ShitGrinandThumb:

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

You need anything for youtube with this theme, just post the link directly as I did above.
-DBTO