IsA Member Handbook

All members! Please read this!
This is your information page that lets you know what's happening with the board.
SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Re: IsA Member Handbook

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Okay, I know I haven't been here long enough to have been shown the secret hand shake or anything, but at least tell me how I can get the IA Member Handbook since I've signed onto it with my own assistance offerings ... [emoji2]
lovineveryminuteofit

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

98VS1400 wrote:I need to access it from a real computer and then I will prepare it for delivery. The last time anyone asked about there was only a handful of entries. Hopefully there is more now.
If there's only a handful of participants it's probably not worth the time and effort to publish it. It's great idea though.
lovineveryminuteofit

Elsie rider
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: HD Triglide

Post by Elsie rider »

will this follow the rule like the other IA handbooks...only those in it get a copy of it ?

Elsie rider

Post by Elsie rider »

there will be more...might want to make a post on the IA facebook page

WearySoldier
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Suzuki VS1400

Post by WearySoldier »

Also added my info. Phone listed is cell. [emoji106]
Fight on Weary Solder the battle's almost done! :rock:

chuckn75
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1995 Intruder 1400

Post by chuckn75 »

Just posted my info. Any help is better than no help. If I can't fix it I can get you to someone that can.
Doesn't make any difference what you ride, as long as you ride. :bow: [emoji106]

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Keith, I need to update my info since I have moved and gotten a new phone number. Should I send to you via PM or email? :uhh:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

pinkkingfish
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 97 vs800 and others

Post by pinkkingfish »

info added. :cheers:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

I see I haven't filled out the form.... just did that this am.......may be too late.....
You'll have to excuse me on this one...I am sometimes slow....
Why I haven't taken the time to look over the complete board and what it has to offer is my bad.
I've noticed that most bike travelers when passing through Louisiana usually take I-20 going in either direction...
I am located along interstate 10 in Cajun Country much closer to the coast..

But if any of you guys and gals ever come my way.. stop by and at least say hello... the Welcome Mat is always out on the car port
"And I'll leave the light on for ya"
Johnny
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Well, maybe I should have left my old info in the book since I don't have much to offer in the way of help now that I have moved to Eufaula. At least before I could offer a bed for the night, but can't do that now because I ain't giving up my bed for anybody. I guess they could spend the night in the loft in the sleeping bag on an air mattress. :Umm:

I gotta get off my ass one of these summer days and go see what a coonass looks like up close. :lolfall: You been warned Johnny. Oh and don't count on me eating any of that cajun/coonass food. I'm a meat and tators man from Okla with a nice glass of sweet tea. [emoji106]

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:Well, maybe I should have left my old info in the book since I don't have much to offer in the way of help now that I have moved to Eufaula. At least before I could offer a bed for the night, but can't do that now because I ain't giving up my bed for anybody. I guess they could spend the night in the loft in the sleeping bag on an air mattress. :Umm:

I gotta get off my ass one of these summer days and go see what a coonass looks like up close. :lolfall: You been warned Johnny. Oh and don't count on me eating any of that cajun/coonass food. I'm a meat and tators man from Okla with a nice glass of sweet tea. [emoji106]

You're more than welcome in our home John...anytime...just need a few days notice so we can spruce up the place ...LOL
And no need to worry about chow......everyone who has rode by this way goes away with an entirely different outlook on food.....
Cajun food isn't just a lot of hot ingredients added to the mix ........... but a select group of spices that add a distinct flavor to any meal...
I remember years ago preparing a huge gumbo for a group of folks gathered for a family reunion ( a real good friend of mine)....we discussed what I was going to prepare and how much I was going to cook..........we ended up with a mixture of Cajun sausage, chicken and another surprise ingredient.
Actually the surprise item was small pieces of gator.......not a lot mind you and not enough to subtract from the taste of chicken and sausage gumbo. Everyone enjoyed the gumbo and several who were tasting a Cajun gumbo for the first time were raving how delicious the meal was.
After the meal was served and digested several of his kin folk was asking what was the surprise ingredient in the gumbo.... they were all surprised when I divulged the added meats......but none complained one iota ....
The reason Cajun food tastes entirely different than other culture foods is the seasoning ......I'm reminded of an occasion when I was a young boy visiting at my uncle's camp in Hackberry, La , he had some unexpected company show up on the night before dove season opened and was unprepared to feed such a big crowd of folks...... [emoji2]
He was putting everything he had in his freezer in that gumbo , fish, crabs, deer meat, doves, chicken, a few pieces of gator tail and a duck..
i asked him what that would all taste like and his answer was sagacious..and I quote him now "They ain't gonna know the difference"
And they didn't...That sauce he had made before adding all the fixin's was to die for...
I went back for thirds and the pot was dry as a bone [emoji106] Some were soaking up the gumbo with some push ...best damn gumbo I've ever ate...
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Elsie rider

Post by Elsie rider »

eating any of that cajun/coonass food

I love Cajun food. Sucks I can't eat rice anymore...when in New Orleans I always has Shrimp and Grits for breakfast

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Johnny, I'll just have to wait and see if I ever make it that way. I would like to visit N O for Mardi Gras and to ride the bike over that big long bridge. :clap: