Adhesive clips

Find a good link to parts and accessories?
Post 'em up here.
Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Adhesive clips

Post by Larry TN »

Just ordered 100 small "adhesive clips" from a seller called "letsrockhard" on ebay. $4.82 US, from Fullerton, California, with free shipping. They offer black or white. Good for routing or retaining wire on a scootercycle. Stocking stuffers?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321605508274?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Adhesive clips

Post by YoDude »

You'd be better off not using them on a bike or scooter. The need a very smooth flat surface to adhere to. They don't stick well if they are in warm locations and they don't like having any tension on them at all. If they are in an air conditioned climate, on a smooth surface, they are great for holding wired and such in place.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Larry TN
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 1996 VS1400

Re: Adhesive clips

Post by Larry TN »

Yep. They will work anywhere they do not have a lot of pressure or tension on them, as they aren't designed to support much static weight. If applied to a clean, dry, smooth surface at above 55 degrees F, they will usually stay put until the temp gets over 120 F. That high of a temp has a tendency to change the molecular integrity of the adhesive, causing it to forget to stick. This same adhesive is used to hold the fake chrome on the VS1400 gas tank, and countless other automobile brands.
"3M" brand double sided tape adhesives have been used to mount large interstate highway signs, and while this appears to be "Scotch" TM, it must be of a similar composition.
"Give the people you have offended time to apologize." -Rev Samuel Porter Jones (in 1906)