wheels

Find a good link to parts and accessories?
Post 'em up here.
paulboyd
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: suzuki s83 1400

wheels

Post by paulboyd »

hi can anyone tell me if there is a set of mag wheels to fit the s83 insted of the spoked wheels as my spokes are very rusty and would like to go to aluminimum :bang:

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Re: wheels

Post by Night_Wolf »

I have a cast Suzuki Snowflake Rim that is powdercoated with the brake rotor for sale in the flea market. Have another one without the rotor that would need the work done to have it installed but no rotor.

http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewtopi ... =20&t=4050
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

For reference on the cost here is the rear smoothie I'm working on polishing for my 1400.

http://shop.thunderbike.de/en/Thunderbi ... xid-1.html

I'm selling a 19" front rim, for comparison

21" rim

http://shop.thunderbike.de/en/Thunderbi ... xid-2.html

18" rim

http://shop.thunderbike.de/en/Thunderbi ... riple.html

http://shop.thunderbike.de/en/Thunderbi ... -oxid.html
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

paulboyd
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: suzuki s83 1400

Post by paulboyd »

cheers Canada is a bit far away as im in new zealand i was looking for a list of bikes with interchanceable wheels with the boulevard s83 as im on a very tight budget and need to do it all for under a $1000

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

paulboyd wrote:cheers Canada is a bit far away as im in new zealand i was looking for a list of bikes with interchanceable wheels with the boulevard s83 as im on a very tight budget and need to do it all for under a $1000
Nothing interchangeable; if there was many more folks would have swapped out the spokes :bang:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Night_Wolf wrote:
paulboyd wrote:cheers Canada is a bit far away as im in new zealand i was looking for a list of bikes with interchanceable wheels with the boulevard s83 as im on a very tight budget and need to do it all for under a $1000
Nothing interchangeable; if there was many more folks would have swapped out the spokes :bang:
On my 87 the speedo gear wore out. I used one off of an early 80's GS1100, the axle size was the same and the speedo seemed to be spot on. Measured mile equaled a mile on the odometer. Don't know if the wheel would have fit.

I have a GS1100 GK and after changing the rear tire I know the rear wheel won't mate up to the final drive.

The next time I have the front wheel off of one of them I will check out the possibility of a fit.

I wonder if the whole final drive and wheel would fit??? Gonna have to check it out.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Herb to bad we are not far from each other.Us old farts with too much junk and dead motorcycles save each other lots.In past years have found yamaha like old Chevy's seem to inter change parts with each other over a wide range of years better than most.
Got a rear mag off a Suzuki 650 four shaft that was DOA in my baement on my 1400.It lined up perfect but cover not as wide and dirt and water would have got in.Love to find good inter change sites.
Gave a few things away on the purple board and sold a few.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

old time rider wrote:Herb to bad we are not far from each other.Us old farts with too much junk and dead motorcycles save each other lots.In past years have found yamaha like old Chevy's seem to inter change parts with each other over a wide range of years better than most.
Got a rear mag off a Suzuki 650 four shaft that was DOA in my baement on my 1400.It lined up perfect but cover not as wide and dirt and water would have got in.Love to find good inter change sites.
Gave a few things away on the purple board and sold a few.
I'm such a cheap bastid that I am always trying to find a way to make something work that was never meant for the application I am using it for.

Wear it out, use it up, make it do...
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.