new bars

Find a good link to parts and accessories?
Post 'em up here.
muss
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 02 suzuki 1400 intruder

new bars

Post by muss »

have a 02 intruder, want to put s83 bars on it get rid of the bucks, will everything fit, cables , lines ,etc. and is hand placement about the same less the turn down of the bucks , thanks ps i hope i have this post in the right spot , if not let me know , i'm new at this. thanks again .

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: new bars

Post by navigator »

The S83 bars will fit, but you may also need S83 risers as well to have the switch boxes clear the tank.

If your '02 had internal wiring, you will need to drill the bars for the wires or notch your switch boxes to let the wires exit externally.
If was all external on the '02, just switch the bars and risers.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Re: new bars

Post by Night_Wolf »

navigator wrote:The S83 bars will fit, but you may also need S83 risers as well to have the switch boxes clear the tank.

If your '02 had internal wiring, you will need to drill the bars for the wires or notch your switch boxes to let the wires exit externally.
If was all external on the '02, just switch the bars and risers.
The 02 didn't have internal wiring [emoji2] For the Drag bars you will need new risers as well as the bars or the bars will hit the tank. The flat bars on the 05 & up Boulevards are too narrow so don't look for those. That means find a set of risers from an 05 or newer model & then look for an aftermarket set of drag bars. If they are too wide you will also need new brake & clutch lines. I switched mine out to a wider bar & have just enough line to have them work
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image