Anyone ever try one of these or similar garages?

Find a good link to parts and accessories?
Post 'em up here.
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Anyone ever try one of these or similar garages?

Post by YoDude »

As it is I don't really have a good place to park either of my bikes inside any sort of shelter. No garage.
So I've been looking around at different ideas actual buildings sheds and then I found THIS.
So, I'm wondering if anyone have ever used one of these or similar and how you liked it how well it worked or any comments you'd care to leave.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Re: Anyone ever try one of theseor similar garages?

Post by NE_FL »

My neighbor has something similar for his car made out of pvc pipe and some kind of cover material. He replaces it every 5 yrs or so. Storms and high wind take their toll as well as his cats who climb on it and claw the hell out of it.

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: 03 HD FLHT 01 Yamaha XVS650

Post by enforcer »

YoDude wrote:As it is I don't really have a good place to park either of my bikes inside any sort of shelter. No garage.
So I've been looking around at different ideas actual buildings sheds and then I found THIS.
So, I'm wondering if anyone have ever used one of these or similar and how you liked it how well it worked or any comments you'd care to leave.

Yo-
Those are nice, I have the same type of issue, as my shed is at the bottom of my hill on my property. Needless to say, I don't ride after any sort of significant rain, as I just end up stuck in the mud.

But I'll tell you what, I forgot all about those type when I saw these.

http://www.die-motorradgarage.de/garage_fr.htm
Current rides: 03 HD FLHT & 01 Yamaha XVS650(BIP)
Former: 87 Suzuki VS700, 94 BMW K1100LT & 91 Honda CB250

I don't want to own them all, just ride them all.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

enforcer wrote:
YoDude wrote:As it is I don't really have a good place to park either of my bikes inside any sort of shelter. No garage.

Yo-
Those are nice, I have the same type of issue, as my shed is at the bottom of my hill on my property. Needless to say, I don't ride after any sort of significant rain, as I just end up stuck in the mud.

But I'll tell you what, I forgot all about those type when I saw these.

http://www.die-motorradgarage.de/garage_fr.htm
Those look real nice, but probably out of my price range and the shipping would be atrocious I'm sure. Another drawback is they have wheels and those wheels and my gravel parking area likely wouldn't get along together too well as far as ease of rolling it out and in. I'll keep it in mind though.

Yo-

frodo
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki C-50

Post by frodo »

I hope the inventor makes a million dollars, I was always looking for something like that back in the day...Now I have a heated garage and they finally come out with that. ;IDunno:

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Post by scootermcq »

Yo-
Neighbour at my last place had one. He mounted a wheel chock to the driveway... drove right in, hopped off the bike and pulled the lid over. Seemed to work pretty slick. He had it for 3 years before I moved and still seemed to be doing the job.
Scott

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Anyone ever try one of these or similar garages?

Post by YoDude »

Awesome, thanks for that. I'm still looking around for options.

Yo-