Bigger oil cooler?

Find a good link to parts and accessories?
Post 'em up here.
hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Re: Bigger oil cooler?

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
The only way to confirm that there are no more bubbles appearing at the bottom of the Master Cylinder is TO LOOK INSIDE. Anything else is just Guesswork concluded by,..'feeling'.
No - you can tell if what you have done has worked by noting if the lever action has improved. It's really fucking simple.

If your bike starves for fuel - then you realise you had the fuel tap off - so you turn it back on and it runs normally again - do you need to unscrew the drain screws on the float bowls to SEE if fuel is in there? That's essentially what you are saying here.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

lonerider wrote:
lonerider wrote:I've had the experience with cars where I've bled the brakes repeatedly but still had a soft spongy pedal. Finally gave up. Checked again in the morning and miraculously had a good firm pedal requiring no more bleeding. So this probably is another case of the micro bubbles disappearing under pressure. Right? By the way, this happened with the master cyl cover on and in place (not removed).
Now that I think about it, I did check the fluid level afterwards. and it did seem to be down slightly so I added a little more fluid. So, even though it's not strictly necessary to remove the cover and check, it wouldn't hurt to do so.
Yes, this method can be performed without taking off the cover. In discussing this with hillsy, I never said it could not.

My point has always been,....
Designer wrote:......The only way to confirm that there are no more bubbles appearing at the bottom of the Master Cylinder is TO LOOK INSIDE. Anything else is just Guesswork concluded by,..'feeling'.
Thank you confirming that which I have tried to convey. :bow:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Designer wrote:The only way to confirm that there are no more bubbles appearing at the bottom of the Master Cylinder is TO LOOK INSIDE. Anything else is just Guesswork concluded by,..'feeling'.
No - you can tell if what you have done has worked by noting if the lever action has improved. It's really fucking simple.
Just how many times does THE TRUTH have to be told you? :Umm:

I quote what you were told before,...again;
Designer wrote:I have done the procedure that I wrote up,..(and you approved of),...on MANY 1400's,..the owners of which thought their Clutch Lines were all Air-free. Asking permission first,...I proceeded to perform that which I posted.

Guess what!... :uhh:

There was indeed micro-bubbles showing up at the Tiny Holes in the Master Cylinder as I delineated. (as removing the MC Cover could only reveal).

They were rather surprised, seeing as how they were satisfied that the 'feel' of their Clutch Lines told them there was No Air in them.
Even though they liked the performance before,..they were even more happy after I did what I did for them. :bow:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote: Even though they liked the performance before,..they were even more happy after I did what I did for them. :bow:
So....did they notice an improvement then?

:roll:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:
Designer wrote: Even though they liked the performance before,..they were even more happy after I did what I did for them. :bow:
So....did they notice an improvement then? :roll:
Even though the thought,..by 'feel'...that they has no bubbles in their system,...I showed them that yes,..indeed they had bubbles in their system.

How?

WITH A VISUAL DEMONSTRATION that they did have them (despite their...'feelings' to the contrary),...

Then,..I performed my removal procedure. [space] That concluded with...A VISUAL CONFIRMATION,... that they did not have any more bubbles.

Couldn't be more exactingly correct and definitive than that.....you must agree. :bow:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Then,..I performed my removal procedure.

:lmao:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:
Designer wrote:......The only way to confirm that there are no more bubbles appearing at the bottom of the Master Cylinder is TO LOOK INSIDE. Anything else is just Guesswork concluded by,..'feeling'.
Did you just thank yourself for confirming that you quoted yourself?

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

hillsy wrote:
Designer wrote:
Did you just thank yourself for confirming that you quoted yourself?

Self gratification can lead to self abuse. He is legally blind.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Designer wrote:
hillsy wrote:
So....did they notice an improvement then? :roll:
Even though the thought,..by 'feel'...that they has no bubbles in their system,...I showed them that yes,..indeed they had bubbles in their system.

How?

WITH A VISUAL DEMONSTRATION that they did have them (despite their...'feelings' to the contrary),...

Then,..I performed my removal procedure. [space] That concluded with...A VISUAL CONFIRMATION,... that they did not have any more bubbles.

Couldn't be more exactingly correct and definitive than that.....you must agree. :bow:
Do you really expect him to agree with you???
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Yeah great - in comes the dufus who smokes his own name at the 11th hour to add his $0.02 of stupid.

Herb - you can't even see how routing a hydro clutch line is easier than a clutch cable so I wouldn't expect you to know 2/3 of fuck all about bleeding them.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

Talking of routing,--- the Suzuki way led to a lot of trouble in BKK traffic sitting in 40 degree. It would be common to lose the clutch. Routing down and passed the exhaust then up the frame to the handle bars was changed

SO

I re routed up instead of down, passed the fuel pump, passed the rear carb and under the tank to the bars.

It bleeds easier although I don't need to do it any more and it was the same length. What a stupid idea to run a Hydraulic line above the exhaust.

This is not advice Desirer, I am not telling you or any one to do this. I am saying what I did.

Its sad that one has to include a disclaimer so members so hell bent on destroying anything they see that they rip into anything you write or take it and use it for them selves.

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Guys,...I must apologize for hillsy. :HatTip: [space] As you can see,...No matter how many times one puts The Truth in front of him....he remains adamant in ignoring That Truth,..... all to try to make his mistaken POV appear correct. :uhh:

That Truth being......you cannot know for sure if you have gotten All the Air out unless you do a visual check to confirm. We all know this,....it's not Rocket Science,....it's just plain common sense. ;IDunno:

But,...as we see again,...hillsy refuses to use Common Sense......posts even more evasion and obfuscation....all to defend the indefensible. :roll:

Why he ignores The Majority Consensus,...that going by 'Feel' is not enough,....shows us all what level he operates at. ;)

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:Guys,...I must apologize for hillsy. :HatTip: [space] As you can see,...No matter how many times one puts The Truth in front of him....he remains adamant in ignoring That Truth,..... all to try to make his mistaken POV appear correct. :uhh:

That Truth being......you cannot know for sure if you have gotten All the Air out unless you do a visual check to confirm. We all know that this,....it's not Rocket Science,....it's just plain common sense. ;IDunno:

But,...as we see again,...hillsy refuses to use Common Sense......posts even more evasion and obfuscation....all to defend the indefensible. :roll:

Why he ignores The Majority Consensus,...that going by 'Feel' is not enough,....shows us all what level he operates at. ;)

Holy fuck - you really think you are completely right and I am wrong because I am not watching the bubbles pop out of the MC?

You are a sad fucker.

Who built your chopper? Quite obviously it wasn't you.....

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Again I apologize to everyone for hillsy's behavior. :bow: [space] Just look at his Exaggeration of what I said. :uhh:

A simple perusal of my messages shows I did not say what he just bloviated. [space] This is yet another one of his Gambits to try to save face.

He knows there's no WAY you can Sensibly and Logically argue against the FACT that a visual check is THE ONLY way to confirm there is no Air in the system.....so he attacks me with this. ;IDunno:

Sheesh! :roll:

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

Designer wrote:Again I apologize to everyone for hillsy's behavior. :bow: [space] Just look at his Exaggeration of what I said. :uhh:

A simple perusal of my messages shows I did not say what he just bloviated. [space] This is yet another one of his Gambits to try to save face.

He knows there's no WAY you can Sensibly and Logically argue against the FACT that a visual check is THE ONLY way to confirm there is no Air in the system.....so he attacks me with this. ;IDunno:

Dude - it may not be obvious to many, but it's blatantly obvious to anyone who's experienced in working on bikes that you are an amateur.

Sorry, but that's the truth :clap:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

hillsy wrote:Dude - it may not be obvious to many, but it's blatantly obvious to anyone who's experienced in working on bikes that you are an amateur.
See guys? Just as I said....more of his attempts to evade The Facts.

Now he tries the old,..'you are an amateur'...Personal Attack. [space] As if being an amateur obviates the Simple Truth that I said;
Designer wrote:....He knows there's no WAY you can Sensibly and Logically argue against the FACT that a visual check is THE ONLY way to confirm there is no Air in the system..
So he tries yet ANOTHER one of his desperate personal attack gambits to try to save face.[space] As if we all here are all too stupid to not see right through such a weak and desperate tactic of his ? [space] Who does he think we are? :Umm:

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!

Post by Fred »

hillsy wrote:
Designer wrote:Again I apologize to everyone for hillsy's behavior. :bow: [space] Just look at his Exaggeration of what I said. :uhh:

Dude - it may not be obvious to many, but it's blatantly obvious to anyone who's experienced in working on bikes that you are an amateur.

Every ones apologizing for what. Designer is an amateur --he always has been and always will. Hes a builder--- apparantly --not very busy but....... He is not a professional mechanic in any sense of the word. Lets stop this bull shit ,---he is not a mechanic at all.

The word ameteur means one who wants to be but is begining---and thats where we are-- OR he is. I would be surprised if he argued with that!

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

Fred wrote:Every ones apologizing for what. Designer is an amateur --he always has been and always will. Hes a builder--- apparantly --not very busy but....... He is not a professional mechanic in any sense of the word. Lets stop this bull shit ,---he is not a mechanic at all. The word ameteur means one who wants to be but is begining---and thats where we are-- OR he is. I would be surprised if he argued with that!
Now we have the other Squealing Piggy sounding off with his version of the tired old gambit about amateur. :roll:

Everyone knows that being a professional or an amateur has NOTHING to do with the Common Sense, Factual Reality stated herein;
Designer wrote: That Truth being......you cannot know for sure if you have gotten All the Air out unless you do a visual check to confirm. We all know this,....it's not Rocket Science,....it's just plain common sense.
Nothing fraud nor hillsy has posted,.or ever will post,..can possibly refute that Factual Reality. ;) ,..though they keep trying and trying. :roll:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Hmmmm, I wonder if the OP needs a Bigger Oil Cooler??

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Designer »

navigator wrote:Hmmmm, I wonder if the OP needs a Bigger Oil Cooler??
IIRC,...Herb had a pretty darned good comprehensive answer to his question:
alexhulett71 wrote:....My concerns arnt really for short ride cooling, bike does fine on that. But my concerns are more of a long distant riding cooling.Just wondering if a larger oil cooler will help in that department. Or any other tips on cooling in general without stopping every few miles.
Herb wrote:The cooling on the 1400 is more than adequate for almost all conditions.

I rode through Death Valley in early May with the 1400 and a friend on a 1200 Sportster. When we left Bad Water the temp was 113F, We rode out the south entrance and were running in the 60+ speeds. The hot dry air sucked the moisture out of us but both bikes did just fine.

I have ridden I-5 through the Central Valley of CA in temps over 100 and running well above the speed limits. Never had a moments problem.

The only time I ever had an issue I was stuck in really slow traffic on a 100+ day. 4 miles took me over half an hour and it started to act odd. That was when I started splitting lanes at a very slow speed and even at speeds below 10 mph it settled right down.
Things went south after someone was confused and talked about Brake Bleeding Technique when the OP mentioned his Clutch Issue and ignored what you pointed out here;
navigator wrote:The OP was talking about bleeding his clutch, that line snakes all over and has several places air can be trapped. Reverse bleeding always worked for me. A syringe works fine, so does a pump type oil can. Always orient the banjo at the lowest point of the MC.
After the reverse bleed you can bleed conventionally to clear any air that still may exist.

And that we were talking about a Finalizing Clutch Bleed Technique for him.