Replace rear shock with strut

Find a good link to parts and accessories?
Post 'em up here.
Chad Malette
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1987 Intruder 1400

Replace rear shock with strut

Post by Chad Malette »

Has anyone converted to a hard tail? If so what strut did you use I've been looking and haven't seen any that are made for an intruder.

Thanks,

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Replace rear shock with strut

Post by navigator »

Most fabricate their own.

hillsy
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by hillsy »

It's actually a pretty crap idea to just replace twins shocks with struts - the forces from the removed suspension follow the struts which are pointing at your ass.

If you look at specifically designed hard tail frames, you will see the top tubes run pretty much in line to the backbone and send the forces towards the neck, not your ass.

Hard tail frames are also designed to flex up and down which includes some form of "suspension" rather than a swing arm setup which is not designed to flex anywhere.

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Your tailbone, vertebrae, discs and kidneys, I wouldn't recommend running on struts especially if you like to have fun on fast sweepers, the first time your rear hits a pothole you will at the very least be changing your underwear at worst, well use your imagination.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Fred
WHEELIES R FUN!
My Bike: VS 1400. Royal Enfield

Post by Fred »

Solid struts are good for you. They help strangulated testicles and improves sperm count.

Why would would pay good money to sit in a vibrating chair at the super market when you can have it for free.