Step by Step: Painting gas tank with rattle can paint

The information presented here applies to most all motorcycles in general.
NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Re: Step by Step: Painting gas tank with rattle can paint

Post by NE_FL »

I did this 36 ford pu with rattle cans, but it was a 20 footer. I'm sure your motorcycle
came out MUCH better.

Junebug51
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: Street Glide

Post by Junebug51 »

Looks great!
The older I get, the faster I was!

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

NE_FL did not know who you were till the e-mail.Guess we both changed names for this place.Glad other old car nuts on this one allso :thumbup: .Thought I saw one had a old merc in his write up?You know much more than me about them and had more.Folks NE_FL has a 55 chevy 2DS the way I like them.Looks like it rolled out of a drive -in in the 60s.He had a great pic of his dad beside his 32 Ford five window coupe!That and the 32 roadster are the two most wanted street rods in the world I bet.Nice job on the 36.My 36 still had the hood and thats the only way I can tell a 35 and 36 Ford truck apart.Like the badge better on the 35 in the middle of hood like a 34 than the up front on the 36.If its old tin I like it.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

98VS1400: I guess ya don't read the New Members threads. Specifically, "taking the time." :lolfall:

:Umm:

skorpion15
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: VS800

Post by skorpion15 »

Nice job son, great that petrol spillage did not affect the finish, the petrol we have in the UK has a quite high percentage of ethanol, around 4 years ago I painted my Harley with " Gas Proof" clear coat and it was hopeless, on older bikes the ethanol eats into the rubber fuel lines as well.