Saddlebags

The information presented here applies to most all motorcycles in general.
frodo
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki C-50

Saddlebags

Post by frodo »

any good ones (cheap) for a C-50 ?

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: Saddlebags

Post by old time rider »

Don all I have got in the last years for cruisers are used leather ones off E-bay or in the used stuff at dealers.The ones on my C50 now were $10 from a stack of used take off stuff from trade in bikes they had.I dug into my old pile of harley junk and took a pair of sportster bag struts and just a little hand bending got the holes to line up for bolt holes and just got some longer bolts and mounted them .Been on now for 26,000.When I ride the speed limit and thats 55mph around here the C50 is great.Its all I got right now to ride.Wheel trouble on the Vstrom and got the RoadStar running today but not good enough yet. Got yours broke in yet?

frodo
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki C-50

Post by frodo »

I ordered a pair of Hardstreet "sixer" hardbags from one of my dealers. They are not too big and kinda thin which is exactly what I want. I only have about 200 miles on my new C-50 now, another 300 and she'll be broke in as far as I'm concerned.

I know that I did a lot of bragging about the BOLT that I had but this C-50 compared to the BOLT is like comparing a
"pogo-stick" to a Lincoln Town Car with the BOLT being the pogo-stick! Other than that the BOLT was a nice little bike...

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

My C50 is what I am riding every day now.Still have not found a wheel for my V-strom yet :sad: . The C50 is great for 55mph and less roads and perfect for late narrow back road rides.I go way to fast on the Vstrom but its so good on long solo trips. That six gear makes it smooth. The C50 with six gears would be good if it were like a over drive gear.My 1400 with four felt good next to the five speed 1400.They were just barley any higher.My 1700 five speed has a nice tall high gear.