Reverse bleed clutch

The information presented here applies to most all motorcycles in general.
Cmckenzie1028
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 06 Suzuki boulevard s83

Reverse bleed clutch

Post by Cmckenzie1028 »

Hey guy's, thanks for adding me to the group. I'm a new owner of an or Boulevard s83 that was supposed to have been properly maintained, well surprisingly it was not, far from it in fact. So far I have replaced the battery, master cylinder, slave cylinder, ignition system, oil and brake fluid, handlebars and risers, added air filters bc it had none, semi cleaned carbs without removing, new horn, exhaust, plugs, switches, and the list goes on. The bike is stuck in gear and I'm trying to get the clutch to engage and I just replaced the oem line with a new stainless steel braided hose. I tried the standard way to bleed the clutch system but to no prevail. I purchased what I need to do a reverse bleed and attempted once but cannot for the life of me get it to accept fluid. All parts are brand new and I watched the YouTube video and still can't seem to figure it out. This bike is my only means of transportation and I desperately need to get it fixed. As you can probably guess with all the replaced parts that the previous owner did very little to maintain this bike and I was hoping someone had some advice on what I can do to get this clutch to engage. Setting it on fire and rolling it into the ocean has crossed my mind more than once but again it's stuck in gear haha. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Chris from Myrtle Beach, SC

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Re: Reverse bleed clutch

Post by hillsy v2 »

Not sure what you mean by "stuck in gear"??

With the bike off you should be able to go through the gearbox by rocking the back wheel and shifting gears at the same time. Clutch should have nothing to do with this.

If you can't find neutral this way then possibly something else is wrong.

Cmckenzie1028
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Cmckenzie1028 »

Man don't say that, forward controls were installed as well right before I got the bike and I've tried rocking it and doing everything possible.

Cmckenzie1028
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Cmckenzie1028 »

What else could be it? The previous owner had forward controls installed on it.

hillsy v2
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Too many to list

Post by hillsy v2 »

Does the gear lever move? Does it rotate the selector shaft? If so you should be able to shift through gears if you move the back wheel.

If the shaft doesn't move then it's either an internal gearbox problem or the forward control shifter mechanism is seized / not installed correctly.

Maybe post a video - that might help clarify things.