OIL Filter Information

This board is for all the, '"Typical stuff" you should know.
WearySoldier
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Suzuki VS1400

OIL Filter Information

Post by WearySoldier »

I have found the following link useful for info on Oil Filters. It's a bummer that we cannot use an auto filter (cheaper and better). The Purolator one fits a Honda, go -figure!!

https://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/FilterStudy.html

Hope this is useful to you guys, if you have already seen it or refer to it, then ignore this post!
Fight on Weary Solder the battle's almost done! :rock:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: OIL Filter Information

Post by Herb »

There is always this option.

http://balestech.com/filter.htm

Has anyone here had any experience with the early GS models? 80-83 specifically.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Had a new 1980 GS 1100 and a new 1983 GS1100ES but was still running the drag bike with dealers name on side plates.He sold me parts at cost and tuned the drag bike.So I used stock ones but a friend with a 1100 shaft had the little screw in deal.Do not recall any bad things so guess ok?
I still use car filters and oil in my Harley and RoadStars.Rotella 15 40 in the V Strom also.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

trying to find out if there is any way to change my GS1100GK to a spin on filter.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

WearySoldier
Practicing Bicycling

Post by WearySoldier »

Herb wrote:There is always this option.

http://balestech.com/filter.htm

Has anyone here had any experience with the early GS models? 80-83 specifically.
Yes have been on the site and am seriously considering purchasing an adapter (actually 2) for my bike and my wife's.

There is a lot of information about oil filters on the net. Seems the ones for the VS1400 are of only mediocre quality. EMGO 55660 is considered to be a good replacement for original Suzuki filter, which is made by Japanese co.

WearySoldier
Practicing Bicycling

Post by WearySoldier »

OK, the Suzuki VS1400 oil filters are set for 11 PSI by-pass, the ones for Honda (e.g. VTX 1300 are set for 14 psi by-pass). The same oil filter used on the VTX1300 can (with adapter mod) be used on the VS1400 (e.g. Purolator Pure One PL14612, about $6.). Which is higher quality than any of the Suzuki ones.

Would this be harmful to the VS1400?