Fork Seals, Delboy's Garage

This board is for all the, '"Typical stuff" you should know.
sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Fork Seals, Delboy's Garage

Post by sgtcall »

I found this site, Delboy's garage, he has several good classes for those of us that need help. He also includes ideas on how to make your own tools for a fraction of the cost of factory tools.

My question is...
Is this similar to changing fork seals o a VS1400?

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: 03 HD FLHT 01 Yamaha XVS650

Re: Fork Seals, Delboy's Garage

Post by enforcer »

Yes, for the most part. 1400 has "regular" as opposed to inverted.
Current rides: 03 HD FLHT & 01 Yamaha XVS650(BIP)
Former: 87 Suzuki VS700, 94 BMW K1100LT & 91 Honda CB250

I don't want to own them all, just ride them all.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Yes I looked at his site this week.Good stuff and had my wheel bearing out six times before I trusted my redo of the screwed up mess the wheel bearings up on the spacer did to the hub after embeding the top of the broke off cage into the top of the cavity.Had to cut a little at a time and take out enough for bearing to seat deep enough.Making sure not to mess up the bearing seat lip was the hard thing.Got back together early this morning and ran a few thing I had to do in town like lic and tag stickers for wifes car and four motorcycles.Bike did ok so am a lot less stress over a $500+ new wheel.
Don't you wish all the simple jobs could be as fast and easy looking as they make them look?It is a big help to see it done before doing it :cheers: .Had the dash half out our last car to get fan motor out and back in.Saved a lot of money on that little day job plus just makes you feel not at the mercy of the $65 to $100+ a hour places.My dad was such a great wrench but sad thing did not rub off that much on me and I was on a IBM machine floor for 27 years and not a third the wrench he was with just a grade school education. :bonk: :bonk:

jonnycando
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: 1996 Suzuki Intruder

Post by jonnycando »

I watch that channel! He lives in Devonshire near the country. Don't know what his day job is, but he sure spends some coin in that garage!