Forum tips before you post a Technical thread

This board is for all the, '"Typical stuff" you should know.
Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Re: Forum tips before you post a Technical thread

Post by Jolsen »

If it is tech knowledge for our bikes the more information the better.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Post by Night_Wolf »

Jolsen wrote:If it is tech knowledge for our bikes the more information the better.

Expect a bunch then :cheers:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

98VS1400 wrote:
Night_Wolf wrote:I was wondering if I started a bunch of threads in the appropriate sections about a repair/Mod & then Linked it back to the direct page on my website. Would that be a problem?
I don't see why not. I did steal a tiny bit of your info a while back and posted it here with a link back to your site. Having you here now makes that action seem more legit!
LMAO I do appreciate the link back & the only difference with the info I "stole" from Domn8r was that he knew that I was using it (had permission) as did everyone else who contributed info on my site. Like I said "borrowing" info even when linked back can lead to a shitstorm of controversy. How about I create 2 new threads to replace those :ahha:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Personally once it is on the net its free game. If it helps other owners all the better.

Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

Jolsen wrote:Personally once it is on the net its free game. If it helps other owners all the better.

Actually no it's not free game & copyright laws have proved it :cheers: All it takes is someone with enough cash & the will to persue it. If not for my love of the bike; I'm the type who would persue legal action.
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

I didn't think you could copyright fixing a motorcycle lol

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

Jolsen wrote:I didn't think you could copyright fixing a motorcycle lol

You can't but the details posted, including, pictures & descriptions as published on my website are indeed protected. I had permission to post every tip & photo in my wrenching & tips section. I have not given ANYONE including our old friends at the "un-named" forum permission to repost ANYTHING from MY site. Same as all those pics in the saloon, if some lady finds they are here or the owner of the site they are hosted on asks for them to be removed we are legally bound to remove them once they prove ownership.
Proving ownership for me is easy; I have owned the domain since 2002 & ALL my pages have a copyright notice at the bottom the year they were created. Since I'm still paying for the hosting of the domain, proof of ownership is easy enough to prove

Further it's not necessarily you who would face the legal trouble; it's the Owners of this Forum who would face the legal consequences.
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

Guess its a bigger deal than I thought. I was only thinking of ways to help fellow riders.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

Jolsen wrote:Guess its a bigger deal than I thought. I was only thinking of ways to help fellow riders.

I want to help fellow riders too & that is why I asked Permission or had folks send me information directly to post on my site. It's why I originally started the wrenching & tips section. Like any site I want traffic (call it for my ego as I make not a dime from the site) & traffic doesn't get there if info I spent hrs compiling, is posted on another forum in it's entirety, even if credit is given.

I have often thought of whom I could leave my domains to in the case of my death so the info there is available to be shared as long as there are Intruder owners who need/want it.
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Jolsen wrote:The issue is it is a sportster and not an intruder. Change the badges and refill the turn signal fluid.

Damn if this tid bit of useless, invaluable information didn't work out well..
but now I have another problem.....I did like you said and changed the turn signal fluid ( it was brown colored does that make any difference?) and refilled the badges and now nothing works on the bike except the windshield wipers on my 1985 Harley Roadster.
You're going to have to come up with a better solution to my problems or else I'm going to have to go look it up myself.. :popcorn:
And I did run 7 cans of Seafoam in 7 gallons of water and that didn't help out either...
and it took me forever to bottle up all that Seafoam...but the sea gulls were flying real low and that might have caused the problem.
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

That's simple. Your wiper motor is frozed. You need 1967 vw antifreeze.