93 vx800

This board is for all the, '"Typical stuff" you should know.
petersenroger02
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 93 suzuki vx800

93 vx800

Post by petersenroger02 »

Can someone please tell me where to measure to and from and how to measure when adjusting float height. I bought a little digital float height tool to measure ... also In NY Manuel for the float height specs I don't understand what it means I will load a pic I don't know what it's telling to me put it and ...

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Re: 93 vx800

Post by Herb »

On the top part of the carb is a gasket surface, it is inside a ridge that helps locate the cab body parts. You need to remove the gasket and measure from the gasket surface to the top of the float as it is just touching the needle valve.

Be careful not to measure from the ridge on the outside of the gasket surface.

If your gauge is in mm (milimeters) the top number is the measurement you need if your gauge is in inch (in). You need to use the bottom number.

When you look at the numbers they have a plus and a minus sign stacked on top of each other to the right of the spec. That is the amount of leeway you have with the measurement.

It can be confusing but once you have done it, it will make sense.

If my answer confuses you please let me know what part is not clear and I will try to clarify.

I have done this operation a large number of times and what makes sense to me can be confusing to others. I have no problem working with you to learn.

Here is a pretty good article on the subject, with good pics instead of the drawings in most manuals.

http://www.vintagebikebuilder.com/setti ... evels.html
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.