What ever happened to the board logo?

Post your opinions and ideas and/or problems with the board here.
enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: 03 HD FLHT 01 Yamaha XVS650

What ever happened to the board logo?

Post by enforcer »

If the Intruder was a bit bias, it could have been transformed into a silhouette. The site really needs a logo, whether it be old or new.
Current rides: 03 HD FLHT & 01 Yamaha XVS650(BIP)
Former: 87 Suzuki VS700, 94 BMW K1100LT & 91 Honda CB250

I don't want to own them all, just ride them all.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: What ever happened to the board logo?

Post by YoDude »

The original one is still there, what do you mean?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by enforcer »

98VS1400 wrote:He's probably looking at the forum on a mobile device. The motorcycle image doesn't appear on my screen when using my phone to view the forum.
I wonder why not. I've even tried switch to desktop view and it doesn't show either.

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Post by scootermcq »

enforcer wrote:
98VS1400 wrote:He's probably looking at the forum on a mobile device. The motorcycle image doesn't appear on my screen when using my phone to view the forum.
I wonder why not. I've even tried switch to desktop view and it doesn't show either.
You have not listed a bike in your profile. Unless you list an intruder, the logo does not appear. We are striving to be politically correct and not offend other riders.

Remember, ALL Bike Matter and you are special no matter what you ride
Scott

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

I may have a good idea for a hand drawn logo. Is there a way to submit it for consideration.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Yes, you can send it to me and I'll look it over.

You know, we did a big thing with the logo when the site first started and with a few members that helped out and with a running poll for voting a decision was made for the logo we now have...

Perhaps we might want to consider doing that idea once again.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club

Post by enforcer »

98VS1400 wrote:
YoDude wrote:Yes, you can send it to me and I'll look it over.

You know, we did a big thing with the logo when the site first started and with a few members that helped out and with a running poll for voting a decision was made for the logo we now have...

Perhaps we might want to consider doing that idea once again.

Yo-
Oh for goodness sake, NO! That poll and thread went on forever and there were times I thought seriously about jumping from a plane with no parachute. Or playing in heavy interstate traffic. Or reading some of Enforcer's political posts. Or agreeing with n-trude on anything. Or posting a recipe in the CCC.

Ok, I got off topic there. My point is: we don't need another forum logo discussion! Who looks at the logo anyway? Well, except for Enforcer?
I obviously don't, or I would have thought it was gone long ago. The only reason it went on forever is because people kept changing or requesting change of logos they had no part in creating.

But, as far as an original, hand drawn logo that is in no way computer generated, I'd be for that.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

A poll is a guy with a clip board. Guess a cop would be a good one to take it. I n 1978 a Daytona cop in FL put me in the back of his cruiser as he had a clip board.Asked more questions than some job interviews.He saw me with a open can and thought it was beer when it was a soft drink. He told me that then told me anytime they stopped someone had to fill out the papers.He saw I did not like it and asked"You see this as harassment ?'he asked. "Yes I was walking down the street and after you see its a soft drink and you run my lic and its ok that should have been the end of it"<I told him. "We can do it down town",he said. A worker at the motel told me they want all the bikers they can get on file. I get along well with most people and most cops but that one :fubird: .The bike was parked and I was walking down the street. Did not go baqck till 20015.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

If on my bike some may have been in the saddle bag. Will not lie I like it. [emoji41] Drove a shool bus over 18 years after IBM retirement and drug test often when you are only one riding a motorcycle to work and only driver with a beard. Gave up both smoke in 1993 and have not started back yet.
Best I ever tried was from a pass around pipe a black jack dealer in Dead Wood had. :rock:

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

I know it is a bit rough but below is a hand drawn picture drawn by my wife's uncle in Germany. He has ridden Intruders with a German MC since the Intruder came out.

If we want a logo that does not directly show one type of bike why not go with something like this. I am sure someone has some art skills and could come up with something.

Or just keep the logo the way it is. I like the standard Intruder Logo.