Lets go back...

Post your opinions and ideas and/or problems with the board here.
frodo
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki C-50

Lets go back...

Post by frodo »

To exactly like IA used to be... :cheers:

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: 03 HD FLHT 01 Yamaha XVS650

Re: Lets go back...

Post by enforcer »

Ok, I'll start.

You're all a bunch of fear mongering, trickle down, conservatives.

Happy now.
Current rides: 03 HD FLHT & 01 Yamaha XVS650(BIP)
Former: 87 Suzuki VS700, 94 BMW K1100LT & 91 Honda CB250

I don't want to own them all, just ride them all.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

frodo wrote:To exactly like IA used to be... :cheers:
I'm not exactly sure how to take this, but it's okay. I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

IA had a serious problem. "Lack of respect for other members". I won't put up with that shit over here. 'Nuff said.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Frodo, post that pic of you as a short person, knee high so to speak. That one is hilarious! [emoji2]

frodo
Learning My Moped

Post by frodo »

I don't know how to post pics on this fricken forum yet and I may now be too old and decrepit to learn... :bow:

Elsie rider
Riding on Learners Permit
My Bike: HD Triglide

Post by Elsie rider »

Frodo's feet

Elvis
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Elvis »

YoDude wrote:
frodo wrote:To exactly like IA used to be... :cheers:
I'm not exactly sure how to take this, but it's okay. I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

IA had a serious problem. "Lack of respect for other members". I won't put up with that shit over here. 'Nuff said.

Yo-
thin skin they hurt your feelings did they
gotta go now

Elvis
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Elvis »

ia was better

why

they had one general discussion area

politics recipes religion all went into one area not like this board

you will never be as good as popular or as funny as ia was

ever

frodo is right but you pooped on his idea

and to think the nah forget it
gotta go now

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Dang, 98. That last sentence was rather harsh, doncha think? We may never hear from him again! :tongue:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

:soapbox:

I remember the days of IA when people were screaming for a political section because the General Forum was being clogged up with that type of post. Here, if you wanna see that stuff, go seek it out because it's not only in a place where you can find it easily, but it's also not being shoved in someones faces in the CCC which is supposed to be a happy place to go to and not get all bent up over shit. This is exactly the same reason why there is a Religious forum, so if you're not interested in having it shoved in your face all day, you don't have to put up with it. But, if you want to get into a Religious discussion with someone, you can find it easily....and you can have at it, as long as its kept civil.

As Keith would say, the gay ass Recipe section should be assimilated into the CCC....exactly where all the posts would be buried several pages down in just a few short weeks, never to be seen again, just as the content of the MuVid section would eventually become as well.

People bitched for quite a while when IA shut down the Back Room, in favor of advertising money coming in to support something, I don't know what really...I certainly don't think they were selling enough of anything to make up for anything but wages to certain people. Whatever.....

Elvis tells us that this board will never be the same as the old IA ever was....Given time, I beg to disagree. This board is expanding, slowly, but it is expanding. Build it and they will come. They are! Seems like almost every day we're getting new members. They might not stay long, post once or something...then leave. IA was FULL of those people, thousands of them. That didn't make them great in anyway and it won't here either. In fact, IA wasn't great at all because of the General Forum, not one bit! IA got famous because of the motorcycle that was called the Intruder and the forums that helped to keep the bikes running and people posting mods to them and all the technical stuff that was happening at that time.

The people that started that, were the ones the members came to see....because there were questions about the bikes and there were people that had the answers and willing to help the new guys out! Well, we have that here too.

So don't ever think for a moment that IA was the all be all for any damn thing. The General Forum had turned into a cesspool of rude and ruthless people that banded together as a gang and tried to control others, even attempting to invite people they didn't get along with to leave the forum, bad mouth and talk down to them.

Oh yeah, I can play that way too, but guess what, I ain't THAT much of an asshole. :soapbox:

Yo-

frodo
Learning My Moped

Post by frodo »

I take back what I said, Rome wasn't built in a day and this forum seems to be coming along just fine. I have a harder time navigating then I did in the IA but that's probably due to my age and not this forum.
So, with that I'll just say...Thanks Yo :bow: [emoji106]

Truckingeek
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Ones with two wheels

Post by Truckingeek »

If I may weigh in here. I was a long time contributing member at the old IA and was bummed when it went dead... I had absolutely no use for all the forums except for the buy n sell, 1400. 750-800 threads. There was a treasure trove of very useful info and quite a few folks that readily helped anybody. As a collector of intruders I of course gyrate to only intruders but I do realize that a lot of other folks drive a lot of different bikes. Thing is all those other bikes have or should have their own forums... If you try and cater to being the "all bikes" forum I believe it will just become a pile of mush.

Yo did a great thing as far as I'm concerned and I was quite happy to join up when a old IA'er sent me Yo's link. I have no doubt this site will become the leader in Intruder/Boulevard info sites.

@Yo, put whatever topics on this board that you deem necessary. It's your board and you need to do what you think is best to keep it going (PLEAZZZZZ).
I would suggest as few moderators as possible to keep the bickering to a minimum and control of the direction it goes.

I personally will still only view the info threads but only because that is my cup of tea so to speak and I really appreciate you picking up some of the pieces and trying to keep the truder spirit alive.

However.... if I had a wish list for a topic thread it would be for Mark's "BronxIntruder" Craigslist thread. That one was awesome, useful, funny and one of the longest running threads. Should have been made a sticky. Perhaps it could be revived under it's own marquee with Bronx getting some street cred for it's conception? Perhaps "The Official Bronxlist Thread"? Or just BronxList.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

I will contact Mark about this to gather his feelings about it.

Thanks!

Yo-

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club
My Bike: vs1400

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Truckingeek wrote:If I may weigh in here. I was a long time contributing member at the old IA and was bummed when it went dead... I had absolutely no use for all the forums except for the buy n sell, 1400. 750-800 threads. There was a treasure trove of very useful info and quite a few folks that readily helped anybody. As a collector of intruders I of course gyrate to only intruders but I do realize that a lot of other folks drive a lot of different bikes. Thing is all those other bikes have or should have their own forums... If you try and cater to being the "all bikes" forum I believe it will just become a pile of mush.

Yo did a great thing as far as I'm concerned and I was quite happy to join up when a old IA'er sent me Yo's link. I have no doubt this site will become the leader in Intruder/Boulevard info sites.

@Yo, put whatever topics on this board that you deem necessary. It's your board and you need to do what you think is best to keep it going (PLEAZZZZZ).
I would suggest as few moderators as possible to keep the bickering to a minimum and control of the direction it goes.

I personally will still only view the info threads but only because that is my cup of tea so to speak and I really appreciate you picking up some of the pieces and trying to keep the truder spirit alive.

However.... if I had a wish list for a topic thread it would be for Mark's "BronxIntruder" Craigslist thread. That one was awesome, useful, funny and one of the longest running threads. Should have been made a sticky. Perhaps it could be revived under it's own marquee with Bronx getting some street cred for it's conception? Perhaps "The Official Bronxlist Thread"? Or just BronxList.
:cheers:

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

I think this board should offer free beer and pretzels.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

tabasco wrote:I think this board should offer free beer and pretzels.
I'd offer that in exchange for manual labor.. Lol.
We can have a build my deck party.. Lol.

Truckingeek
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Truckingeek »

Mark with power tools.... What could possibly go wrong?

For the record I was referring to Marks Post on original IA Title "Intruders on Craigslist, post for other brothers looking" Fellas would copy and paste links of intruders they had seen for sale locally.

IMHO it was an awesome thread.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

Truckingeek wrote:Mark with power tools.... What could possibly go wrong?

For the record I was referring to Marks Post on original IA Title "Intruders on Craigslist, post for other brothers looking" Fellas would copy and paste links of intruders they had seen for sale locally.

IMHO it was an awesome thread.
Haha. Indeed.
And yes.. I made that thread again.

Truckingeek
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Truckingeek »

Where brother? I haven't searched around the site much.

BRONX INTRUDER
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by BRONX INTRUDER »

http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewforum.php?f=76
Truckingeek wrote:Where brother? I haven't searched around the site much.