DOMAIN NAME CHANGE?

Post your opinions and ideas and/or problems with the board here.
Dude
Site Admin
My Bike: Susuki VS1400

DOMAIN NAME CHANGE?

Post by Dude »

Hmm...So, I see on the icon voting thread, some members would like to see the boards domain name changed. Or something of that nature. Perhaps just the site title? Anyway, I see words like copycat and unique.

Ideally, this should have been brought up in the very beginning, before the members had gone to lengths of creating logos and such. But hey, I've said in the past, you guys can make the board the way you want it because it's all about the users and not what I want.

The topic is open for discussion.

-Dude

ddog6900
Joined a 250cc Club

Re: DOMAIN NAME CHANGE?

Post by ddog6900 »

I see nothing wrong with the current domain/site name. Like you said, probably should have been suggested earlier, had it been a problem.

dm1400
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 1995 VS1400

Post by dm1400 »

I'm good with the name as it is. Dude, you've done the work, you choose.

If you decide to change the name, an easy change for the logo would be a name change to Intruder as the first name, & change the second name to something like Riders, or whatever. That way you just change out the second word, Alert, in the logo with the new second word.

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: ZG-XII and VS-XIV
Moniker: Postmaster

Post by Jolsen »

Sibog up top then in small text Suzuki intruder / boulevard owners group.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
VS1400 Wiring Diagram INFOWARS
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

I see no real need to change the domain name. It will grow on me the more I see it. We, Yo I mean, has put too much time into the board to go messing around and messing it up now. It may be our board but Yo (Dude) had the final word on what the board looks like. I say set it the way you want it and leave it for a while except to change the board icon/logo every week or so. Let us see how something works or looks before changing it. :blink:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Part of the problem as I see it is they don't even make "Intruders" any more.
-DBTO

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

Good points, Keith.

As a case in point, when you search for Suzuki Boulevard the purple board isn't even on the main page.

N-trude mentioned searching in the Dr. Cross (silly thread) and how the IA board is being used less and less. In my opinion, it is because of two things, the bickering is one...the other is they don't make Intruders anymore...people aren't searching for Suzuki Intruder...Suzuki Intruder has been gone for 10 years now.
-DBTO

tupinambis
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2002 Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by tupinambis »

Word of mouth or fingers as the case may be will help a lot. I see Keith out there pushing the board and as I run into people who have bike problems, I too will send them this way. Time, it's all about time. The last forum didn't build itself in a day. Of that I am more than sure. The site address is fine, it will eventually overshadow the other and people will come here. If it's possible, reply on the other board to any new posts to visit this site, register and re post the question/comments here. I have owned a gaming website before and had to undergo 2 changes in sites. Not an easy task but far from being impossible. Good work on the new site BTW. :clap:

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Post by Night_Wolf »

Might be late to the game; but I just found this place. I am partial to the name & will happily mention it to anyone I meet who is on an Intruder. They may have stopped making them 6 yrs ago, but I still see plenty of them & everyone I have ever met who owns one LOVES them.

Methinks the reason so few have left the "purple" board for here is because so few know of it. I know there are people over there I hope to never see here; primarily the motherfucker who destroyed my friends motorcycle :fubird:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

MadCow
Site Admin

Post by MadCow »

98VS1400 wrote:
Night_Wolf wrote:Methinks the reason so few have left the "purple" board for here is because so few know of it. I know there are people over there I hope to never see here; primarily the motherfucker who destroyed my friends motorcycle :fubird:
Well, ya know ya just can't leave us hanging like that, right? I've only been on IA for year, so I missed that story...
You don't want to know. I remember that ...

If I recall correctly, it was something on along the lines of borrowing a VS1400 and wrecking it ...is this what your talking about Night_Wolf?
-DBTO

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

MadCow wrote:
98VS1400 wrote:
Night_Wolf wrote:Methinks the reason so few have left the "purple" board for here is because so few know of it. I know there are people over there I hope to never see here; primarily the motherfucker who destroyed my friends motorcycle :fubird:
Well, ya know ya just can't leave us hanging like that, right? I've only been on IA for year, so I missed that story...
You don't want to know. I remember that ...

If I recall correctly, it was something on along the lines of borrowing a VS1400 and wrecking it ...is this what your talking about Night_Wolf?
No that was Charles Berlin wrecking the bike he was graciously loaned to attend the rally in Paducah Tennessee; he was riding it like a total ass, had that accident after the rally & then spent weeks whining about his situation. I tore a strip off that whiney fucker & his fuckin pity party :fubird:

No the incident I'm talking about happened to my friend Natalia (Shadow Dancer) & her Ducati which was wrecked by a "respected" long time member of the board.

Every accident anyone on the forum had was always discussed, but not that one apparently & when I found out I started asking question. Little bitch in Texas, claimed I was only causing a stink as I wanted to fuck Natalia. I may be a big dick, but it's rather difficult to fuck someone when you are at least 3000 miles away from them :bang:

Long & short of it is many of the friends of the "respected" person didn't like my involvement. I'm sure most, if not all here, live by the code if you wreck it; you FIX it back to the condition it was. My friends bike was not fixed to the condition it was in & she had to claim it on her insurance (costs a fuck of a lot more in Canada for insurance than in the US) which in my world is wrong. I don't borrow your bike for a ride if I can't pay to repair it & I rarely lend my bikes for that very reason. There are a hand full of friends I'll lend my bikes to as I trust them, everyone else can buy/ride their own :fubird:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

I was taught you barrow it, you return it better than when you borrowed it. Example you break it you fix with new parts, you fill it up with fuel when done, and clean it...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Its not my job to prove myself every time I state facts. Its YOUR job to look it up and find out what I say is true.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

Jolsen wrote:I was taught you barrow it, you return it better than when you borrowed it. Example you break it you fix with new parts, you fill it up with fuel when done, and clean it...

Have a buddy who has a Vmax (his pride & joy) and a Yamaha Super Tenere (which I have ridden) & he always told me to take the Vmax for a spin & I wouldn't as I knew if I damaged it I couldn't fix it properly at that point in time. Now I might take him up on the offer if it comes again. As for my Intruder? The days of anyone being able to borrow it are almost done; the closer it gets to being "finished" the less likely I will let anyone take her for a spin
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

Jolsen
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by Jolsen »

I let an 800 rider ride my 1400 between stops once. He did figure out the 1400 is more than he needed lol

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

If IA is tanked permanently, maybe you could get that domain name, and have both domain names linked to the site ... so any "way back" folks looking for IA will end up here.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Tom, my friend,

We are going to have a little talk, okay? Don't worry, it won't hurt! [emoji106] :cheers:

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

No tech suggestions so far, this board works great!

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

98VS1400 wrote:OK, my two cents on this. I don't care one bit about the name. HOWEVER, it makes it a PITA if you're trying to sell this site as a motorcycle forum where you can go and get tech help and so on.

I really started to notice it when I began the Twitter page. It's kind of hard to tell the world, "Hey, we're starting up a new site where you can go ask questions about your motorcycle. It's called http://www.intruders-alert" Intruders-alert in no way indicates the site is motorcycle related. Not to mention this: if someone just sees the internet address, but doesn't save it or write it down, what happens when they go to google to look for it? They find the purple board.

intruders-alert.com
intruderalert.com

Notice the difference? An "a" and a "-". Ok, I understand that may have been the intent early on, but is it still? I'm not trying to offend anyone with this talk. But, seriously, we've lured away what - 30 people from IA? Have we hit our ceiling? Perhaps. Where will we max on on membership? 100 people? Will that be worth the admin keeping the doors open?

I think this. We should consider either leaving things the way they are and accept this forum to be what it is today because I don't know it would look much different 8 months from now, OR, we make a radical change and shift our direction. Welcome in bikes of all types, offer tech advice on any bike, open up discussions about everything and resist the urge to pigeon hole certain discussions into nice little compartments, and really let this place take on a life of it's own.

But, these are the ramblings of a guy who has been awake since 4:30 am and has yet to have any coffee. I may look differently at this in a few hours. :uhh:
Hmm...been thinking on this even still from time to time......

MotorcycleAlert.com....or...
MotorcyclesAlert.com

Open for discussion...

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

Crap, both already taken... :sad:

Yo-

enforcer
Joined a 650cc Club
My Bike: 03 HD FLHT 01 Yamaha XVS650

Post by enforcer »

rideit.com
rideon.com
ridingwithfriends.com
bikersintraining.com
noharleysallowed.com
outlawbikers.com

Just off the top of my head.
Current rides: 03 HD FLHT & 01 Yamaha XVS650(BIP)
Former: 87 Suzuki VS700, 94 BMW K1100LT & 91 Honda CB250

I don't want to own them all, just ride them all.