DOMAIN NAME CHANGE?

Post your opinions and ideas and/or problems with the board here.
NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Re: DOMAIN NAME CHANGE?

Post by NE_FL »

Yeah, if this site is going to expand significantly, the name needs changing. The word "motorcycle" should probably be in it, such as "MotorcyclesAndMore.com" or "MotorcycleTalkAndMore.com" or 'MotorcycleBudsDiscussEverything.com"

The name as it is now is becoming irrelevant.

One other question: Does the life of this site depend on one guy, namely "Yo", and if he decides to bail for any reason will this site cease operations like the purple?

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Personally I don't care what it is called as long as it doesn't change in the middle of the night and disappear. :evil: I do agree however that the name may becoming outdated especially as so many of the members no longer ride the Intruder or use the aliases such as S83 or VL1400 etc to describe them.

"One other question: Does the life of this site depend on one guy, namely "Yo", and if he decides to bail for any reason will this site cease operations like the purple?"

Good question, how does this work anywho? Inquiring minds want to know. :lmao:

:putput:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Spitfire wrote:Personally I don't care what it is called as long as it doesn't change in the middle of the night and disappear. :evil: I do agree however that the name may becoming outdated especially as so many of the members no longer ride the Intruder or use the aliases such as S83 or VL1400 etc to describe them.

"One other question: Does the life of this site depend on one guy, namely "Yo", and if he decides to bail for any reason will this site cease operations like the purple?"

Good question, how does this work anywho? Inquiring minds want to know. :lmao:

I think I'm decided to leave the domain name alone actually...Just because we are called Intruders-Alert doesn't necessarily mean, this site is beholden to the Suzuki line of Intruders, (which we were initially), but if expanding ourselves, that doesn't mean the name can't have a new meaning as well!

In other words..the meaning of Intruders-Alert can take on more than the line of bike we are familiar with...it can take on the fact that we as a community, in itself, can be the Intruders!

With that thought, Intruders-Alert, takes on a new meaning......Think about it. ...kind of like.. all bikers are sort of Intruders! No? :naughty:

The only thing that needs to change is, our own personal outlook on the site (this site) itself, nothing more. It's so simple, it's already, RIGHT THERE! All we have to do is adjust our thinking a bit and we've already got it all! Do ya dig what I'm sayin'?

The site name and domain remains the same, no changes will be made to it. The site Logo may change to reflect something different, maybe.
Otherwise, it a symbol of a motorcycle that's as good as any other, so why change it to something else? Perhaps the Suzuki "S" logo can be removed, that might be good.

I've often thought of what might happen if I were to leave this place. Trust in this though, I have no intentions of doing so, I know I will have to at some point however, but at this time, I have no answers for that outcome. If I was to just "give it up", I would find someone to take my place that I really truly trusted to keep the site running with hopefully my wishes instilled as they are now. This is however, is a perplexing problem that I have no answer for as of yet. Suggestions?

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

NE_FL
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VS1400

Post by NE_FL »

Well said. That's good enough for me! :cheers:

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

NE_FL wrote:Well said. That's good enough for me! :cheers:
Thank you for saying so! [emoji106]

Yo-

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by YoDude »

So with this new outlook...I guess Keith can go on the FB page and them them saps to FO! Cause we ARE NOT about Suzuki Intruders anymore, WE ARE ABOUT ALL BIKES and EVERY biker can be an Intruder, RIGHT!!!???

How Many are with me? Damn I should have started a poll!

Yo-

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

All sounds fine to me, I think the only impact of a name change would be to make the site more searchable for those looking for a group to join. For those of us already here, "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet". [emoji106]

Keith, never understood this delinking of the site and the FBI page. :Umm: