Too many options?

Post your opinions and ideas and/or problems with the board here.
YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Re: Too many options?

Post by YoDude »

Don't worry about it too much. There's some things that are going to get moved around. There will be some restructuring and such.

For now, I agree. No more new stuff. I think I have all the bases covered for places to put things.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Dude
Site Admin
My Bike: Susuki VS1400

Re: Too many options?

Post by Dude »

Think about the structure of the tech board a bit.
In there, are places for things that are general to all bikes. Things like changing brake pads and such are pretty much common between all bikes. Tools and the like and just general, things to know. I've tried to create places for these sorts of things to make them easy to find.

Then there are the sub forums pointed at specific models of bikes. Post stuff that are for those specific models on those sections. How-to's that are specific to a particular model for instance. I think duplicate info is okay so long as it applies either way. In other words, you put a post in the main tech section that references the 1400 brakes but still would apply to anyone, probably should be placed in both locations. Those persons looking for general help with changing brake pads can easily find it in the main section. Those that are looking for 1400 specific info can also find it in the 1400/S83 section as well.

You could post links to other threads and that would work just as well, but I'm thinking if you do that, post links from the general section of the tech board to a specific thread of another board, but state in the thread what the information was taken from and that it is only general to whatever procedure a person might be doing. Maybe I should make that part of the header of the general tech section forum? "This is general information that doesn't necessarily apply to your specific bike", sorta thing?

I'm kind of unsure if we're not stepping on each others threads or posts. I have been moving some stuff around to where it makes the most sense to me. Nothing has been deleted, so don't fret over it if you suddenly see something you posted yesterday is gone. It's not gone, just moved.

I hope you understand, I think you do :thumbup: It's really about some organization of the data. I know it's confusing at the moment. Be patient. It IS happening!

Yo-