Free for LPU: one-piece gel seat for VS800/S50

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club
My Bike: CB450 GL1500CT

Free for LPU: one-piece gel seat for VS800/S50

Post by WintrSol »

Suzuki part #990A0-71012. In nearly new condition; photos will be taken, if desired.
If you happen by the St. Louis area, it's yours for the taking. Shipping such a bulk item would have to be worked out, but not cheap.
Florissant, MO
CB450K3, GL1500CTValkyrie

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Re: Free for LPU: one-piece gel seat for VS800/S50

Post by Swcoinguy »

I'd love to see some pics of it, I'm in Florida so it would be a shipping deal. I shipped a Mustang 3pc for a C90 not long ago so I have some idea of shipping cost.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by WintrSol »

Pics: https://postimg.cc/gallery/emnfnore/
The mounting points are solid, and you can use it on a bike that had a two piece seat if you remove the front mount for the pillion seat. The chromed center mount tabs aren't really needed, and may be removed.
I think I only had it mounted for one summer - I kept forgetting the sun shade when parking in the sun, and gel seats really soak it up, so be warned. Boiled peanuts, anyone? :lmao:
There are a few drip spots that don't show in the photos, but that you can make out in full sun; don't know what dripped, but they are there. They may rub off with wear.

BTW, I kept the original size photos, which are about 4X the ones in that gallery, if you want a closer look. Just PM your email address, and I'll send whichever one(s) you want.
Florissant, MO

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

I hear ya about the sun heat. Gel or not the Florida sun will warm your seat up in a heartbeat. I imagine the gel holds the heat a lot longer though-thanks for the heads up p on that.
I currently have a Mustang 1pc on my 02 and wouldn't mind a seat that was a little less...."blocky".?.? I'm not sure how to describe it but the passenger section is less appealing to the eye than I'd like. I've thought about an S50 seat for a long time but iv heard mixed reviews about their comfort level. Most people say they are fair to total crap, a few say they are ok but not great, and a small few say they are reasonable enough to not need replacing(right away)lol. For the price is say it's worth trying at the very least.
Your seat looks like it tapers a little at the tail. Would you measure the thickness of the passenger section a couple inches behind the strap. I'm hoping your seat isn't as thick in that area as the Mustang. If it's thinner AND tapers some it's probably just what the doctor ordered so to say.
My zip is 33967 if you wanted to get an estimate for the shipping.
Thanks for your time.

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by WintrSol »

I never had a problem with the stock seat or this one, which is the same shape; a friend says it feels like sitting on a broomstick, it's so narrow. The seat at its widest is about 11-1/2", tapering to 6" at the tank, while the seams of the passenger part is 6" wide from back to where it starts to taper out near the strap. Where the strap crosses the seams, it starts getting wider. The thickness of the passenger section is about 3 to 3-1/4" at the back, increasing to about 4-3/4" when it starts to curve down to the rider's section, which happens about 1-3/4" behind the strap.
Florissant, MO

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

10-4. I'll try to get a measurement on the Mustang and compare to two. Thanks, I'll be in touch.

Rudy619
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2001 Intruder VS800

Post by Rudy619 »

Big thank you to WintrSol. The seat has been installed. Love the ride and love the look.

:)

Rudy
2001 VS800
10,000+ mi.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Rudy619 wrote:Big thank you to WintrSol. The seat has been installed. Love the ride and love the look.

:)

Nice looking bike Rudy

WintrSol
Joined a 450cc Club

Post by WintrSol »

[emoji106]
As for me, it's one less thing to move around my garage. :jester:
Florissant, MO