2001 Intruder 1400 with rare upgrades

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
Johnfrmcal
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: VS1400

2001 Intruder 1400 with rare upgrades

Post by Johnfrmcal »

I need to sell my Intruder and I thought I’d put it up here first since it has parts that only some of the folks here can probably fully appreciate. It has about 17K miles and runs great. It starts immediately, idles great and runs very strong. No smoking or any other weird behavior. Brakes don’t squeak, the chrome on the wheels and spokes is still beautiful, and it has a bunch of add-on chrome like fender tip, luggage rack, swingarm cover, fork tips, etc. it has Vance and Hines Classic II’s (the best sounding pipes IMO). The really rare parts are the forward controls and the tank. It has Rizzoma forward controls which I think are perfect not to far forward but a comfortable extension. The other really rare item is the LMC Tribeline tank. This tank holds way more fuel than stock and adds such beautiful lines to the bike. This tank alone, if you can even get LMC to make you one (they told me they don’t make them anymore) would cost you $1,750 shipped to the USA. Add the pipes, forwards, and aftermarket chrome and it’s like you’re buying the accessories and getting a great bike for free. The only issue with the bike is a big paint chip on the tank. It’s been touched up so you wouldn’t see it from a couple feet away but you can see it up close. If you wanted the bike to be really pristine you’d want to repaint the tank.

I’d like $2,500 which I think is a very fair price. Located in Northern California

PM me for pics if you’re interested. I’m tired of trying to figure out how to post them here.

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Re: 2001 Intruder 1400 with rare upgrades

Post by Forge »

Damn, I wish you were closer.
Arthritis sucks!

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Post by Swcoinguy »

Would you be willing to ride it to Florida to make the sale? :jester:

Johnfrmcal
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Johnfrmcal »

You can ship this thing for about $399. You have to use Haulbikes though, and I hate them. They shipped a bike to me and although they get it to you just fine, you don't really know when it's going to arrive and you get about 24 hour's notice that it's arriving. So they're not super convenient, but they are the cheapest out there.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Post by Swcoinguy »

I was surprised at how cheap shipping something like a motorcycle is. I looked into it a couple years ago and that's basically what it would cost to ship from NY to Florida too. They did say they would wait until they had a full load before they shipped it but they said that it was almost impossible that it would take more than a day or two before a full
Load was ready to go. Not everything had to be coming to Florida but enough had to be coming this way to make the journey viable for the shipper.

vanhalenarmy
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2002 Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by vanhalenarmy »

Wish I could get her so mine had a buddy to hang out with in the garage =).

Where at in NorCal? I'm in Arbuckle.
If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
- Samuel Adams

Johnfrmcal
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Johnfrmcal »

vanhalenarmy wrote:Wish I could get her so mine had a buddy to hang out with in the garage =).

Where at in NorCal? I'm in Arbuckle.
I’m in San Jose...

vanhalenarmy
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2002 Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by vanhalenarmy »

Well if it's still available in a month I'll probably buy her.
If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
- Samuel Adams

Johnfrmcal
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Johnfrmcal »

Hey Folks, I'm resurrecting this thread. If you want a nice 1400 with all those custom parts for a cheap price, make me an offer. I have waaaay too many toys and not enough time, so things are not getting used nor maintained the way they should be. I need this puppy gone!

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Post by Night_Wolf »

Tank is beautiful
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

Johnfrmcal
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Johnfrmcal »

Night_Wolf wrote:Tank is beautiful
It truly is a beautiful tank and I love what it does to the lines of an Intruder.

The sad part is, I actually went through HUGE headache to have LMC make me another tank (I was going to build a custom Intruder) and I spent a small fortune buying the tank and getting it to the US. Life is always full of changes, and now I seriously doubt I'm ever going to build the bike I was thinking of. So, I'm stuck with this brand new LMC Tribeline tank that cost me a mint. I'm gonna take a bath on it I'm sure.

Thiessen90
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2006 Suzuki Boulevard S83

Post by Thiessen90 »

What would you want for the tank?

Johnfrmcal
Practicing Bicycling

Post by Johnfrmcal »

Thiessen90 wrote:What would you want for the tank?
Make me an offer. It literally cost me $1,750 bucks to get it in my hands.

Honestly, the smartest way to get one of these unobtanium tanks is to make me an offer on my bike and buy the bike. I have the original tank for it in good shape. Take the Tribeline tank off it, put the stock tank back on it, and sell the bike. I bet you could end up with the tank for free. You might even make money if you put more effort into selling it than I have.

Thiessen90
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2006 Suzuki Boulevard S83

Post by Thiessen90 »

Sadly I am up in Canada so I wouldn't be able to do that. Thanks though.

wildwolf
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: blue

Post by wildwolf »

I'm surprised someone hasn't snatched this up yet. If I could still ride, it'd be worth flying to northern CA and riding back on a great adventure.