WTB - Right rear turn signal

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
dtauer
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 04 Intruder

WTB - Right rear turn signal

Post by dtauer »

Something from a shelf in garage fell on my right rear turn signal and broke it off. My superglue job isn't making me happy and I'd like to replace. 2004 Intruder VS800GL, anyone have one they're willing to sell? The other side signal chrome still looks really good so I'd prefer one that isn't very beat up so they match.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: WTB - Right rear turn signal

Post by FallenAngel »

Post a Picture of the lights I may have one Or even both sides I could part with

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Post by Swcoinguy »

FallenAngel wrote:Post a Picture of the lights I may have one Or even both sides I could part with
He said he has an '04 which should have the bullet style housings. The '03 and older bikes would have the flat style with the screw on lenses. He could easily convert to the older style but he would need the left and right side to do it or it would look funky.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

Swcoinguy wrote:
FallenAngel wrote:Post a Picture of the lights I may have one Or even both sides I could part with
He said he has an '04 which should have the bullet style housings. The '03 and older bikes would have the flat style with the screw on lenses. He could easily convert to the older style but he would need the left and right side to do it or it would look funky.
Thats why I asked for a photo
I picked up some 750 parts with my 95 1400

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

FallenAngel wrote:
Swcoinguy wrote:
I guess it's personal preference really. I converted my '02 signals to the newer bullet style because I preferred the look. Plug and play so no issues at all for me. Hopefully you have something he can use and he can get back on the road with a smile.

dtauer
Tricycles are Cool

Post by dtauer »

FallenAngel wrote:
Swcoinguy wrote:
Correct, they are bullet style. I'll work on getting a picture uploaded, but I think they are the same as those used from '04 on.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

dtauer wrote:Correct, they are bullet style. I'll work on getting a picture uploaded, but I think they are the same as those used from '04 on.
The bullet signals started in '04 and are the same on the VS800, VS1400, and their "S" counterparts from 05 on. They are also the same as the 04 and newer Vl1500LC which became the C90 in 05. The other boulevards(C50 and "M" series bikes) use a very similar signal but they mount to the bike differently.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Swcoinguy wrote:
dtauer wrote:Correct, they are bullet style. I'll work on getting a picture uploaded, but I think they are the same as those used from '04 on.
The bullet signals started in '04 and are the same on the VS800, VS1400, and their "S" counterparts from 05 on. They are also the same as the 04 and newer Vl1500LC which became the C90 in 05. The other boulevards(C50 and "M" series bikes) use a very similar signal but they mount to the bike differently.
They look the same on the 800 and 1400, but have different part numbers, and different wire lengths.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

navigator wrote: They look the same on the 800 and 1400, but have different part numbers, and different wire lengths.
10-4, do you know if they are interchangeable? Suzuki likes to change part numbers for some ridiculous reasons sometimes so other than wire length differences would 1400 signals be usable?
I assume the wire length difference is in the rear because of where the plugs are. The 1400 is probably longer and needs slightly longer words to get to the main harness-sound right? The fronts may be a hair longer but I'm assuming they connect in the headlight bucket so they can't be much longer on the 1400.
BTW-I've grown pretty accustomed to the sound of those slip-ons. Even though I wish they were a little deeper sounding I'm happy with them. Thanks again.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

The rears look like they will bolt up, but you may have to splice wires or change plugs.
The fronts fit both bikes.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

navigator wrote:The rears look like they will bolt up, but you may have to splice wires or change plugs.
The fronts fit both bikes.
Having 2 C90's and an '02 VS800 so I have played with both style connectors. For the sake of simplicity I'll refer to the older style as the round plugs and the newer style as square.
I have found(this is only my personal limited experience) the older style round plugs were on the '04 and older bikes. I got a set of front signals from a guy here that came off his '04. I didn't think about the plugs until I started to put them on. Once I opened the headlight bucket I realized that my '02 had the round plugs. Luckily the '04 bullet signals still used the round plugs so they were plug and play. The '05 and newer bikes have the square black plug for the signal and ground but the running wire in the front is still a round plug.
I was just happy I didn't have to splice any wires to use the '04 bullet signals on my '02. I believe I mentioned somewhere that the '04 signals were a plug and play for anyone with the flat signals if they wanted to change the look. '04 is apparently the "bastard" year for the signal wires lol.

PrinceMo
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1988 1400cc Intruder

Post by PrinceMo »

Still looking?

Do you have a picture of what you want?

dtauer
Tricycles are Cool

Post by dtauer »

Sorry I disappeared. I was intent on getting this fixed but then got into "finding a fall deal" mode. I ended up trading my 800, including a goofy super glued turn signal light, just today.

I kept intending on fixing this and a few other things before selling/trading, but got lazy, took less for my bike and moved on.