WTB bars similar to these

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
pmhearns12
Learning My Moped
My Bike: Suzuki s83

WTB bars similar to these

Post by pmhearns12 »

https://www.google.com/search?q=motorcy ... HBLw2aLazM:

Anyone know what they are called or something similar?

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Re: WTB bars similar to these

Post by Swcoinguy »

That link took me to a page with several intruders. I saw everything for drag bars to apes and many in between. Which bike were you looking at specifically? Also-what is it about the bars you like that is appealing to you? Height, width, diameter, color, pull back? There are many many things that make up bars and unfortunately finding a set that "look right" and feel right is tricky sometimes. I bought several sets of used bars(even some that were black even though I wanted chrome)just so I could try them. Once I found a set that worked for me I was able to measure them and search for a set that matched. An identical set to mine but with one single change would make them less comfortable for me so it's a gamble when you buy them before you try them.

pmhearns12
Learning My Moped

Post by pmhearns12 »

Oopsx i guess the link didnt work as i thought it would.. they look like drag bars but they are wider and have small up and small back sweep. Similar to the new softail slim bars

pmhearns12
Learning My Moped

Post by pmhearns12 »

Ok so first of all, this isnt the same.. but i LOVE this bike. .i get those are drag bars but they look so wide compared to the stock ones. Tbey have low risers and THIS is the set up i want to try.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

Is the bike black with a stripe? If so I'd call those wide drag bars. The trick is going to be finding something my like those with 4" spacing for the risers. Most fixed riser bars are for Harley's and have 3.5" spacing. Personally (assuming I'm referencing the right bike) I'd look for "wide low rise drag bars" on eBay and see what I could find. Then I'd get a set of short risers to put them at the height I wanted. Finding a set of bars like those at 36" wide shouldn't be to hard and there are a tons of options for risers.
If your not sure about width for the bars I'd suggest going as wide as you can. If you get 1" bars they can be cut down to make them narrower if you want. Making bars wider is a little trickier lol.

pmhearns12
Learning My Moped

Post by pmhearns12 »

Swcoinguy wrote:Is the bike black with a stripe? If so I'd call those wide drag bars. The trick is going to be finding something my like those with 4" spacing for the risers. Most fixed riser bars are for Harley's and have 3.5" spacing. Personally (assuming I'm referencing the right bike) I'd look for "wide low rise drag bars" on eBay and see what I could find. Then I'd get a set of short risers to put them at the height I wanted. Finding a set of bars like those at 36" wide shouldn't be to hard and there are a tons of options for risers.
If your not sure about width for the bars I'd suggest going as wide as you can. If you get 1" bars they can be cut down to make them narrower if you want. Making bars wider is a little trickier lol.
It is black with an orange stripe up the tank.. of course now i cant another photo of it. :hellfire:. So yes low wide drag bars... although, due to the indicator, i cant put 1" risers.. tried to install key stones with 1" risers and realzied aftrr i took ebeything apart that thebrisers were too short.... meaure twice, then cut.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

How deep do you want to get into customizing your bike. I can tell you what I did to make the indicator light assembly lower for the exact same reason. It's not impossible but not easy and very time consuming. I lowered mine by 1/4" maybe more to clear my short risers. After all that work I ended up using either a 2 or 3 inch riser(can't remember exactly because I've modified my set up so many times. I've been through a dozen different bars and a dozen different risers then multiply the numbers into how many combinations of those bars and risers comes to - it's mind blowing even for me and I did all the work. I'm considering only one more possibility at this point but I need to find a set of 14" rise bars that are the same width and pull back with just a little drop at the ends to replace what I'm using now. Sounds easy but it's far from it.
I thought the black/orang stripe bike might be the one. Those risers look to be at least 2 or 3 inches. The bars also have a little rise so even if a 3" riser is to tall you could compensate for that with a flat wide bar and probably still have the same grip height.

pmhearns12
Learning My Moped

Post by pmhearns12 »

I would love to hear how yo managed that actually. The wife says i cant buy a new bike so i giess i have to make this one more comfortable AND better looking.

I work in a tool room doing some minor trial fabrication for manufacturing so im pretty mechanical amd could likely "figure" out a way to get it done but i also am on a budget... wife again :bow: ... so if i go in with some insight i can likely get it done cheaper and faster (i hate being without my bike). And tall bars would also be cool, but then i wluld have to buy brake and clutch lines... :bonk:

I think we spoke before too, arent you from tampa?

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

South of Tampa but on the gulf side. South Fort Myers to be exact. I have a couple things that I need to take care of right now but as soon as I can I'll jump back on and give you the basic run down of what needs to be done.