1999 VS1400

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
Ron Zee
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2003 Yamaha Roadstar

1999 VS1400

Post by Ron Zee »

SOLD

Having been my go to machine for so long, I reluctantly am selling my Intruder. I have loved this bike for so long but it's time to move on. So,, It's a 1999 Intruder 1400. It's got a windshield, Jardine rack, and pretty much everything else completely stock. Some twit in the past drilled some holes in the rear fender so I put a couple hooks in two of them to help with securing things on the rack. There is a brand new battery in it along with a less than 500 miles on it new front tire. This thing starts and drives great, never fails to get me to anyplace I want to go. I even drove it to the OMG in '14 from central Texas. Now the bad, the original seat has a few tears in it but so far it's staying together, The rear tire needs replacing, and with 42,600+ miles, there are some scrapes and scratches. All lights are working as they need to here as they all need to work to pass inspection every year. Newer front pads and the rear ones work but the pedal is a little mushy. Also, the power socket just above the front cylinder on the neck is no longer there. It was needed on another project.
Give me a call at 903-613-0308 and ask for Ron. There is an answering machine in case no-ones home. I'd like to get a million for it but I'm thinking that may be a little high so 1700.00 and I'll let it go.

So, seeing as I can't get any picture to load, I'll just say that whenever photobucket decides to start working again, i'll try doing it then. Computers suck

go to Ron Zelenka (Goldsboro builders supply) on facebook. The cover photo is the bike. also in the albums as 1999 intruder

IT'S SOLD!!!
"Do, or do not, there is no try,,"

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Re: 1999 VS1400

Post by franktiregod »

You getting another bike? You know you are gonna miss that one.

I am gonna ride my 1500 til it drops then I am gonna put it in the living room as a conversation piece. I have had so many good times on that bike I couldnt let it go. When I look at it I have the same feeling as looking at a photo album.

Good luck on your sale. :cheers:

Ron Zee
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Ron Zee »

Yeah, unfortunately, I ended up with a 2003 Yamaha Road Star Silverado Limited Edition. I'll miss the 1400, actually, it's the longest I've ever owned any motor vehicle. :rock:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

franktiregod wrote:You getting another bike? You know you are gonna miss that one.

I am gonna ride my 1500 til it drops then I am gonna put it in the living room as a conversation piece. I have had so many good times on that bike I couldnt let it go. When I look at it I have the same feeling as looking at a photo album.

Good luck on your sale. :cheers:
Everybody needs a coffee table.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Image Sould have put this one in the house but got $1100 more than I gave after 33,000 miles added.First long trip out west and eleven days of camping.Plus some really good weed. [emoji41] :cheers: :putput:

Ron Zee
Studying MC Handbook

Post by Ron Zee »

Okay, how to you remove a post? It sold today. Didn't get all that much but it's going to a good home. I'll miss it but I wont miss them battery problems it's given me over the years,,, :cheers:

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Ron Zee wrote:Okay, how to you remove a post? It sold today. Didn't get all that much but it's going to a good home. I'll miss it but I wont miss them battery problems it's given me over the years,,, :cheers:
Just edit the title in your original post.