SOLD 21 inch front wheel (jk)

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
Frankintruder
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: Frankintruder

Re: 21 inch front wheel (jk)

Post by Frankintruder »

To buy that wheel as an investment is poor planning. You have no idea of either the demand or market value of that wheel in 5-10 years. Figuring that there will be even less running Intruders then, your gamble is rather rash.

If you're looking for investment vehicles where you actually have something to hold for a while before turning it over, may I suggest American Silver Eagles? .999 pure silver and the market is volatile; every 5-10 years it bubbles and that is the time to dump it and wait for it to come back down in price.

Motorcycle parts as an investment are so hard to predict that it is a fools errand to try to do so.

But do as you wish, it's your money.

I had to laugh when in the 1st post he said he'll take offers and then got miffed when one came in that he didn't like.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

FallenAngel wrote:The offer I made of 175.00 + shipping was really Low for this part and Had Prince taken it I would have jumped on it and stored it as a spare and made a profit if I sell. Parts for these bikes are becoming hard to find items. So these parts fall into a different market then they did years ago. The fact that Intruder’s are disappearing does affect the price and Like all classic and hard to find part’s can drive the price up depending on how bad a buyer needs the part.
Princes counter offer” $225.00 + $50.00 shipping” is a fair price And defiantly worth thinking about.. By the time I was able to log in and post the painted wheel was on the table.
I have 2 1400’s My 95 has the 21inch wheel My 87 has a 19inch and I have a spare 19 in the basement. I don’t really need another wheel. If I can get another 21inch wheel for a killer price Ill get it. Im at a point with both bikes that desire for spare parts and not the need dictates how much I am willing to spend.
In all honesty This could have been fun Offer counter Offer and so on with Bids going up a buck at a time But it seems its much simpler to look and the negative.

All of us in this forum are members of a club those of us that own or want own Intruder for what ever mental disorder we have, need to stick together to keep these scooters running
I have PM’ed Prince excepting has Counter offer of $225.00 + $50.00 shipping
I have the one '06 1400, it has the stock 19" on it. I've been thinking about getting a 21" but was under the impression you needed to either modify the fender or get a different one. I don't need it either, but I am going to need a new tire sooner than later. So for the right price, tire included, I'd have seriously considered it. I was thinking of offering $250+paypal fee with free shipping. But if you've claimed it, I'll look around some more. Time is on my side(ish) [emoji41]
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

PrinceMo
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1988 1400cc Intruder

Post by PrinceMo »

I still have the black 21inch wheel.
No mods needed !
Fender/brakes/speedo are all the same.

Prodigal_Sun
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 03 FXDWG

Post by Prodigal_Sun »

PrinceMo wrote:I still have the black 21inch wheel.
No mods needed !
Fender/brakes/speedo are all the same.
I'll think about it, I just dropped $400 on struts and brakes on my caddy, then the drier decided to crap out on us so that was another couple hundred unplanned dollars.

Do you have pics of the black one? Wife loves black, was it powder coated or painted? I'd probably want to do the back to match
:evil: [emoji56]

I have a lot of opinions, some of them professional, some of them educated, most of them I just pulled out of my @$$

Some of my best stupidity is largely self-inflicted. :roll:

PrinceMo
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 1988 1400cc Intruder

Post by PrinceMo »

Wheel is painted.
I didnt sand it because i thought i might change my mind and remove the paint.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/m ... 90302.html