[No longer available] 2007 Boulevard s83, Los Angeles, California

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
subin
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: 2007 s83

[No longer available] 2007 Boulevard s83, Los Angeles, California

Post by subin »

Traded in for a Moto Guzzi V7 III night Pack.
Original owner, around 5,600 miles,

New battery (Yuasa YTX16-BS-1, 2/17/2018), always on battery tender when parked inside garage, and the bike starts and runs fine every time. There are lean decel pops here and there, but pulls fine in 5th gear from around 1.7k rpm/38 mph and up to 90+ mph. Never down and only minor scratches on front fender and gas tank. No leaks and the engine does not use any oil. Everything works.

Here is a list of what's been done to her.

Aftermarket Oxford bar end mirrors, not in the picture (stock mirrors not included)
Progressive front fork springs
Progress 412 shocks
EBC Double-H brake pads
EBC front brake disc
Factory Pro stage I kit (carb sync after the installation)
Dyna 3000 ignition
V&H Classic II slip-on (will include Stock exhaust)
Iridium spark plugs
Tachometer with color LED
Radiantz LED tail light
OEM carrying rack (rated for only 4 lbs, I think) on rear fender
OEM turn signal visors on the rear signal light housings
Saddle bag support on the right side with a small leather tool bag
Oil cooler grill protector
One-way bleed valves on clutch, front and rear brake calipers
Danny Grey custom leather seat
Bar end weights (forgot the name, but they are 2" ~ 3" solid steel bars that fit to the inside of the handle bar ends with the OEM bar end weights on the outside)
-Dunlop D404 front and rear tires with Bridgestone inner tubes (new rim strip at the front, but reused the stock rear rim strips as they are still soft and stretchable and put the thinner new strip on top of the old one) - October 2016.
- K&N filters 9/2018, carb synced June 2020
-Oxford bar end mirrors (will include stock bar ends) 5/12/2019.

-Designer's high performance clutch spring set (not yet installed)
-Stock user's manual, factory service manual, and 2007 Suzuki Boulevard catalog
Note: I will include all stock items that I have taken off the bike, except the mirrors and a few nuts and bolts.

It was Mark (HighDesertIntruder) who helped me put on the the jet kit and the rest were done by me. I don't ride much, but I do replace the oil (synthetic blend) and oil filter (K&N) every year. The brake and clutch are also flushed every two years or so.

I am selling the s83 to make room in the garage and I may change my mind to keep it...

wj_hurd
Got My M1 License!

Re: WTS: 2007 Boulevard s83, $3,900, Los Angeles, California

Post by wj_hurd »

1996 VS1400GL, Jardine Drag pipes, K&N Filters.

subin
Studying MC Handbook

Post by subin »

Thank you wj_hurd. I take it that you are suggesting that I keep her ;)

wj_hurd
Got My M1 License!

Post by wj_hurd »

subin wrote:Thank you wj_hurd. I take it that you are suggesting that I keep her ;)
Your bike gives me some ideas to do to mine.
Like when I repaint... I'm going to go a solid color on the tank and maybe add the Boulevard badges.
The back rest delete... and Rack... I like those... and I need a rack to hold my lunch when I ride to work. :putput:
Love the seat with the backrest delete! There's one I was offered at one point... I hope its still for sale... :Umm:

Hell if I had the $$$ I'd buy her in a heartbeat!
Ride that honey back from C.A. That would be a sweet road trip and sweet ride!

subin
Studying MC Handbook

Post by subin »

:rock:

As for the long ride, it is not the best with the drag-bar, there is too much buzz between 65 and 75 mph. Below that, she is a smooth operator. Me, Ruder, Timmer,HDI and another member from the old Interderalert forum rode the Angeles Crest Highway and Ruder and I were able to get the bike to 100 at an open section of the trip!

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Post by scootermcq »

She purdy.... I would keep her.

I don't know your market, but here it is priced too high to sell (worth the money, just you wouldn't get it). Around here it is a $3000 bike CDN so about $2300 USD.

To me, that bike is a keeper.
Scott

wj_hurd
Got My M1 License!

Post by wj_hurd »

scootermcq wrote:She purdy.... I would keep her.

I don't know your market, but here it is priced too high to sell (worth the money, just you wouldn't get it). Around here it is a $3000 bike CDN so about $2300 USD.

To me, that bike is a keeper.
I kinda have to agree with Scoot... she is a little pricey. I'd try to talk you down closer to $3,000. Again that's this side of the world. All intruders are priced under $3K or they sit and do not sell.
I bought my 96, with 12K on the clock all stock $1750.00.

They have a terrible resale value, too bad too.. They are great bikes for the buck.

Blaine
Passed the Circle Test
My Bike: 05 S83 07 M50

Post by Blaine »

Payed $3500.00 for my 05 this last spring with 6800 miles on the clock......But we pay more up here in Canada.

If at first you succeed,don't be surprised.

scootermcq
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: VS1400 + VL1500

Post by scootermcq »

Paid $2,200 for mine....

Scott

subin
Studying MC Handbook

Post by subin »

Thanks fellas :cheers:

My price is the Hollywood price :evil: :evil: :evil:

Seriously, she has pretty much all the updates that the forum members talked about, except the designer's spring set. I was hoping that the right buyer would see my ad somehow and take her away from me :rag: If not, she will stay in the garage with me giving her love once in a while :putput:

Putting on the new shoes this weekend.

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Post by Night_Wolf »

I paid $6200 for my 06 in Red with 582 miles on it in Calgary Alberta. You don't want to know how much more I have spend on her :eek: There is a reason I dubbed her The Mistress :naughty:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

subin
Studying MC Handbook

Post by subin »

NW, actually, we would like to know, please do share!

A few years back, I thought that cruiser is good for me, but... the wild hair at the bottom told me that FZ9 could be real fun and if not, the Guzzi V7 would be a classic and more comfortable on the freeway (not sure if this is true).

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

subin wrote:NW, actually, we would like to know, please do share!

A few years back, I thought that cruiser is good for me, but... the wild hair at the bottom told me that FZ9 could be real fun and if not, the Guzzi V7 would be a classic and more comfortable on the freeway (not sure if this is true).
Well added to the original $6200, I have a Corbin Seat, Progressive 420 HD shocks, 4 turn signal visor, headlight visor, Kuryakyn grips, Kuryakyn Highway pegs, OEM engine guards, aux chrome lights (for visibility only), wider dragbar, oil cooler grill & reflector blanks (picked up years ago) OEM front & rear Suzuki chrome fender tips, chrome reservoir covers, chrome brake & clutch levers, chrome triple clamp cover, OEM chrome covers under the painted side covers, OEM Chromed Suzuki gas cap, OEM Intruder tank badges, chrome driveshaft cover, backrest extension, OEM rear rack, LED Tail light, OEM saddlebag supports with Saddleman bags & a Saddleman tail bag, I also just received a set of cast rims from Bronx Intruder. The rims need a lot of work before I get them on the bike & they have cost me $1500, CDN or $1100 USD. Tires for the rims will run me another $700 mounted for the pair :eek: Not sure yet if I'm going to do the work on the rims r get the local chrome shop to do them, which of course will add some serious coin to the cost of the rims :eek:

Have a louder horn to mount, want a Vance & Hines exhaust, once the exhaust is installed I have a set of stainless battery box covers to install, either Kuryakyn Sounds of Chrome speakers or the Batwing fairing with stereo, want to install a chopper kit, either install the 7 gallon MCD gas tank I have (it's for sale) or get my stock tank made a little bigger & a custom paint job :shock: will also be getting braided brake & clutch lines made (this winter if I'm still working) & a bunch of LED light strips to give the bike a beautiful glow similar to this

I also have a Honda CB 500X with just about every accessory available, sold my Wee Strom last April. Heading to the Honda dealer tomorrow to see about a leftover 2015 Honda 125 Grom. If the little lady decides she wants to learn to ride, I'll have a bike for her & if not I have another fun little bike to play on :bonk:

I am very lucky in that my little lady loves the Intruder almost as much as I do & she doesn't mind me spending stupid cash on my Mistress :naughty:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

subin
Studying MC Handbook

Post by subin »

:bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :rock: :rock: :bow: :bow:

wj_hurd
Got My M1 License!

Post by wj_hurd »

Night_Wolf wrote:

Well added to the original $6200, I have a Corbin Seat, Progressive 420 HD shocks, 4 turn signal visor, headlight visor, Kuryakyn grips, Kuryakyn Highway pegs, OEM engine guards, aux chrome lights (for visibility only), wider dragbar, oil cooler grill & reflector blanks (picked up years ago) OEM front & rear Suzuki chrome fender tips, chrome reservoir covers, chrome brake & clutch levers, chrome triple clamp cover, OEM chrome covers under the painted side covers, OEM Chromed Suzuki gas cap, OEM Intruder tank badges, chrome driveshaft cover, backrest extension, OEM rear rack, LED Tail light, OEM saddlebag supports with Saddleman bags & a Saddleman tail bag, I also just received a set of cast rims from Bronx Intruder. The rims need a lot of work before I get them on the bike & they have cost me $1500, CDN or $1100 USD. Tires for the rims will run me another $700 mounted for the pair :eek: Not sure yet if I'm going to do the work on the rims r get the local chrome shop to do them, which of course will add some serious coin to the cost of the rims :eek:

Have a louder horn to mount, want a Vance & Hines exhaust, once the exhaust is installed I have a set of stainless battery box covers to install, either Kuryakyn Sounds of Chrome speakers or the Batwing fairing with stereo, want to install a chopper kit, either install the 7 gallon MCD gas tank I have (it's for sale) or get my stock tank made a little bigger & a custom paint job :shock: will also be getting braided brake & clutch lines made (this winter if I'm still working) & a bunch of LED light strips to give the bike a beautiful glow similar to this

I also have a Honda CB 500X with just about every accessory available, sold my Wee Strom last April. Heading to the Honda dealer tomorrow to see about a leftover 2015 Honda 125 Grom. If the little lady decides she wants to learn to ride, I'll have a bike for her & if not I have another fun little bike to play on :bonk:

I am very lucky in that my little lady loves the Intruder almost as much as I do & she doesn't mind me spending stupid cash on my Mistress :naughty:

Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast

Post by Night_Wolf »

wj_hurd wrote:
Night_Wolf wrote:

Yes I am; call me one of the true lovers of this motorcycle; figure I have $5000 or $6000 left before the bike is "finished" :rag:
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Alberta Adventure Riders

wj_hurd
Got My M1 License!

Post by wj_hurd »

Wish you didn't live so far away! Would love to see her in person and see the updates! :cheers: :bow:

subin
Studying MC Handbook

Re: WTS: 2007 Boulevard s83, $3,500, Los Angeles, California

Post by subin »

Still available!

subin
Studying MC Handbook

Post by subin »

Put the V&H slip-on back on and boy, what a difference.

subin
Studying MC Handbook

Post by subin »

Still available :rock: