SOLD : vs800, 750, 700 Mapam Forward Controls with Folding Footpegs

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
Night_Wolf
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 2006 1400 Intruder

Re: SOLD : vs800, 750, 700 Mapam Forward Controls with Folding Footpegs

Post by Night_Wolf »

BlacktopTravelr wrote: It may not be the spring riding season since I also have to buy 2 new tires and have them put on the bike. :bang:
I also have to install rubber on those two rims I picked up from Bronx; they will cost me $600 plus install
Type @ Ya'll Later
Night_Wolf

Intruder Alert Canada/Night_Wolf's Lair

Alberta Adventure Riders

2006 VS1400 Image 2020 V85TT Image

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Stolen 1-7-15 Returned 1-21-15

Post by BlacktopTravelr »

Night_Wolf wrote: I also have to install rubber on those two rims I picked up from Bronx; they will cost me $600 plus install
As RoadKing likes to say "We will survive," We may be broke but we will survive. :lolfall:
:putput: (putt putt putt)
90 to 95% of my replies are for my own entertainment :space: :XmasTree:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

An update for those that care.... sent a payment today. At least I think it was today???? :lolfall:

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

Next to last update.I got the forwards paid off and received them two days ago. It took all of yesterday and 1/2 of the day before to get them put on. it shouldn't have taken that long, but I'm slow and old. :lolfall: I had to buy two bolts and spacers for the shifter side as the forwards plate wouldn't bolt to the motor like I thought it should. Anyhoo, with the new bolts and spacers it fits like it was made that way. :clap: The only other problem I had was with the brake line and brake switch. It took an hour and a half to figure that out, but it is on and working ok. Since it is raining I haven't had a chance to take it out to see how it feels. I can't say whether the rear brakes work like they are suppose to or not. I do know just moving it around the yard I kept wanting to put my foot where the old foot peg was. :lolfall:

Oh, after I got back from Atwoods, the hardware store, with the bolts and spacers ($10 :eek: ) since I rode the bike I had to let the it cool own before working on it and I left the key on and ran the battery down. :bang: So today before it started raining I hooked the solar panels up to it since I don't have a battery charger or proper jumper cables. Started right up after 30 minutes. [emoji106] Pics as soon as I find my camera or the cable to the phone. :bonk:

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Post by Swcoinguy »

I have Mapam's on my '02. If you need any info on how things are supposed to be just yell and I'll do what I can. Pictures go a long way when trying to assemble something like forwards, especially if you didn't take them off the other bike lol.

BlacktopTravelr
Joined a 1200cc Club

I think, hope, I have everything put on correctly. I took it for a slow short ride today and everything worked, even the rear brake. :clap: I still wanted to put my feet where the old pegs were. :lolfall: I do need a cover for the hole where the old foot peg was. I have one for the brake side, but need the other one. :bonk:

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Post by Swcoinguy »

BlacktopTravelr wrote:I think, hope, I have everything put on correctly. I took it for a slow short ride today and everything worked, even the rear brake. :clap: I still wanted to put my feet where the old pegs were. :lolfall: I do need a cover for the hole where the old foot peg was. I have one for the brake side, but need the other one. :bonk:
That might be a tough one. Watch Ebay.
:ahha: You could always put a set of pegs back where they used to be just as a second place to rest your feet on long rides. It would fill the hole and provide a peg to put your feet on = 2 birds-1 stone.