Front turn signals

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Front turn signals

Post by Spitfire »

Any of you guys that replaced their turn signals with after market types on a S83/1400 want to get rid of them? I want to replace my rears with front so I can have better running/turn signal lights. I've already converted them to running lights with red lenses but like the way the front amber work better.

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Re: Front turn signals

Post by Spitfire »

The cut wires are no problem, I would have to extend them anyway to reach up under the seat where the connections are. I don't like mechanical connections anywhere they are not protected so the wires will be soldered and sealed with shrink sleeves. Please send me a picture and how much you want for them and shipping. [emoji2]

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

Thanks for the quick response. Good thing you took pics, those won't work with my new clear lens, mine has the single screw in the bottom of the housing. :bang: Guess I will just have to keep looking, hate to have to buy new ones, those things are expensive. :donno: What really hurts is I can't beat that price anywhere. :cheers: Thanks anyways.

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

This is what mine look like, the black part is a mount I made to move the lights back and down even with the license plate. If you look close you can see the single screw on the bottom. [emoji106]

Spitfire
Joined a 850cc Club

Post by Spitfire »

The inside of my turn signal looks like this, the socket is welded half of length on each side of the mount plate. If your signal lights have a similar mount I can modify them as required to fit and convert the existing housings to use a 2 filament bulb.