-- GONE!!! --

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
BrokeAss
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2009 Nomad

-- GONE!!! --

Post by BrokeAss »

Hello, I'm a bike builder and powder coater by trade. Recently a good friend tipped me off about a 1995 VS1400 his accountant and friend had for sale for $1000. The carbs had been violated by a local shop that had no business owning a Philips screwdriver much less fixing carbs. Anyway, it was a perfect upgrade bike for another friend of mine so I passed along the info and he purchased it. It's phenomenally clean for a '95 with 20k miles. However, I'm 5'10" and my friend is an inch shorter yet, and the bike has a set of Jardine billet forward controls that are too much of a stretch for someone <6ft. Originally I figured, sell the Jardines and pick up a used OEM setup on eBay, maybe even make a few bucks in the process, but the OEM setups on eBay are rusty and crusty and not fit for such a clean unit.

So, my next idea was join this forum and offer them up for straight trade. I will provide any and all requested pics and ask you do the same. I will pay for shipping to you, and you to me. Simple. So, if you're 6ft or taller and want more legroom and a really nice (and originally quite expensive) set of Jardine forward controls, please reply here or send me a PM or however this board works. I will respect the first come, first served rule of courtesy but reserve the right to accept a cleaner set from someone else who responded later- this bike (and these controls) really are THAT clean.

BobsterD
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1990 Intruder 1400

Re: Jardine Billet Forward Controls, Trade for Stock (VS1400)

Post by BobsterD »

PM sent

BrokeAss
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2009 Nomad

Re: Jardine Billet Forward Controls, Trade for Stock (VS1400)

Post by BrokeAss »

-- NO LONGER AVAILABLE --