1500 head swap Project

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

1500 head swap Project

Post by FallenAngel »

Looking for 1500 exhaust carbs and intake

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Re: 1500 head swap Project

Post by Swcoinguy »

I have C90's so I can't help with the top end stuff. If you were closer to Florida I'd be willing to let go of a Cobra exhaust but shipping it to the opposite corner of the country would be expensive.
If you don't have any luck here I'd suggest going over to the Delphi1500LC forum board and asking. You can also ask over there about the swap. I'm pretty sure someone over there has done the swap or has at least tried and can tell you the potential issues you could run into.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Swcoinguy wrote:I have C90's so I can't help with the top end stuff. If you were closer to Florida I'd be willing to let go of a Cobra exhaust but shipping it to the opposite corner of the country would be expensive.
If you don't have any luck here I'd suggest going over to the Delphi1500LC forum board and asking. You can also ask over there about the swap. I'm pretty sure someone over there has done the swap or has at least tried and can tell you the potential issues you could run into.
Thanks for the response Swcoinguy
This is for a 1500 head to a 1400 engine head swap project I have almost everything I need
I may be able to build an intake and I have a line on a mikuni off of a jet sky. At least that is what I was told

If your willing to part with the cobra exhaust How much would you want for it

I live in Seattle Zip 98155
Im hoping to pick this up for the swap
1987 1400 and much prettier then My 87 with no title
Seems it has a leaky head so I think it would be a perfect project bike

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

I would definitely post a "wanted" thread on the Delphi forum. If your not familiar with it or the members I can promise you they are an outstanding group of people. They are by far the best resource for your going to find for your project. A member over there married a 1400 and a 1500 a while back so I know the info you could potentially need is available as well as the parts if someone there has them. There are several members over there that are in your neck of the woods too.
The pipes are a tricky subject-I told someone over there I'd take $200 for them. He is in Cali so shipping to him would be very similar to shipping to you. We found that shipping was just to high to justify buying my exhaust. These are in near perfect condition but....they are an early 1 piece design so the box will be ginormous.
There was an eBay seller that had a 2 into 1, black or chrome, for about $350 and I think that included shipping. The brand was Danmoto. Nothing I have experience with but I was seriously considering a set for my wife's C90 trike. Just haven't put forth the effort to buy anything and replace her pitted exhaust.
I can't recommend enough to go to the Delphi site and join. It's free and you will not be disappointed with your experience over there. My login name is the same so if you go feel free to say hi in a "I'm new here and need help thread". You will get all the help you need and more.
BTW-that's a nice looking bike. That's the bike your buying or your current ride? I have been waiting for the right 1400 to come up for sale near me. I'm not letting go of my 02 800 until I have a 1400 to replace it. There are a lot of them for sale here they just aren't "the right one".

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

Swcoinguy wrote:I would definitely post a "wanted" thread on the Delphi forum. If your not familiar with it or the members I can promise you they are an outstanding group of people. They are by far the best resource for your going to find for your project. A member over there married a 1400 and a 1500 a while back so I know the info you could potentially need is available as well as the parts if someone there has them. There are several members over there that are in your neck of the woods too.
The pipes are a tricky subject-I told someone over there I'd take $200 for them. He is in Cali so shipping to him would be very similar to shipping to you. We found that shipping was just to high to justify buying my exhaust. These are in near perfect condition but....they are an early 1 piece design so the box will be ginormous.
There was an eBay seller that had a 2 into 1, black or chrome, for about $350 and I think that included shipping. The brand was Danmoto. Nothing I have experience with but I was seriously considering a set for my wife's C90 trike. Just haven't put forth the effort to buy anything and replace her pitted exhaust.
I can't recommend enough to go to the Delphi site and join. It's free and you will not be disappointed with your experience over there. My login name is the same so if you go feel free to say hi in a "I'm new here and need help thread". You will get all the help you need and more.
BTW-that's a nice looking bike. That's the bike your buying or your current ride? I have been waiting for the right 1400 to come up for sale near me. I'm not letting go of my 02 800 until I have a 1400 to replace it. There are a lot of them for sale here they just aren't "the right one".

A 2 into 1 may not fit the frame like it should Id like to get a Cobra Slash cut system I just like the look.
I looked into the Delpi site but didnt see anything relating to motorcycle. Could you post a link I may have looked into the wrong site
I think I remember seeing a complete Cobra exhaust for about 500?I could be wrong? its been awhile. I thought I would check here first and maybe try to help out another member.
I have 4 bikes 2 that could use new exhaust systems one the pipes don't match and the "Bike mechanic" took the baffles out when he tried to build a "Super Shadow" he hacked the crap out of the entire bike. My room mate picked it up for 1500 dumped another 1200 into it after having it for almost a year he got to ride it for a day. Got pissed off at it and sold it to me for 400. The list of work I need to do is long. Good points are New front tire and New charging system and Batt. It still drops a cylinder. Im not sure if its just the 100 spark plug wire Coil or signal from the pick up. The compression is good and I checked the coil and plug wires and there good. Im thinking a wire got pinched or broken somewhere interrupting the signal. This bike has 1 coil per cylinder that fires 2 plugs per cylinder and What baffles me is when I pull one plug wire away from the plug it smooths out as if it has a weak spark. Anyway it just sites there and looks like a Hacked Honda.
The other a 91 650 V Star was laid down before I picked it up. A really sad story behind that bike that could have been avoided with a little patience during rush hour. I picked it up to re sell to a girl that wanted as bike and this is a good starter bike. But it has a ghost and some are leery of specters riding with them.
I also have 2 Intruders that I picked up shortly before joining the old purple boards 1 is a 95 and the other is an 87 that needs striped cleaned and reassembled and titled. I sent the certified and it came back opened with a good luck letter. I was pissed so I thought I would make a go cart out of it and have the frame impounded. Until I saw the 1500 to 1400 head swap threads and learning that the 87 had the most power I figure I had the best bike to attempt the swap with the exception of the title problem.
The Bike pictured above I found on Crags list almost a month ago and I have obsessed over it the entire time. I cant take the time to go get it so I E Mailed the owner and he is willing to bring it to me. Your right it is pretty. And will make a sweet build
So it will be a new acquisition and the base bike for the head swap and Ill use my 87 for parts and the electrical for a test bench.
I hope to pick up the 87 next week.

The Honda and Yamaha I will sell when complete and running properly

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

http://forums.delphiforums.com/rlcmc/start

I hope this link works, if not I'll try again. This should take you to the start page. In the upper left corner you'll see the messages tab. Click that and it will take you to the thread portion of the forum. On the left are the categories. Clicking on a thread under any of the categories will open that specific thread. You should see a category labeled "crowitis/for sale/wanted" that is where you'll want to post an "I need a ....."
It is a bit different to navigate the forum but once you are familiar with it it's easy as can be to rifle through. There are multiple bikes represented by current and former LC and C90 owners but the main focus is the LC and C90. There are other members over there that are members here too so you may see some familiar faces.

The exhaust is going to be tricky. You'll have the 1500 heads in a 1400 frame. You may need to make a custom set with 1500 head pipes and 1400 tail pipes. That's info that the delphi forum may be able to help with.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

That link worked
Looks like a cool site but I cant seem to create an account
It says My Tag has already created an account

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

FallenAngel wrote:That link worked
Looks like a cool site but I cant seem to create an account
It says My Tag has already created an account
Try adding a number or symbol so you can create an account. Then try contacting a moderator to see if you can revive your old account. You may have to contact Delphi to complete the process but a moderator may be able to give you info to reference when you contact Delphi.
You won't be disappointed if you do join, it's a great place and a great group with info galore.

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club

Post by FallenAngel »

OK
Ill try that