'91 Intruder 750 seat

Buy, sell or trade. This is the place for it.
Be aware that transactions here are in no way the responsibility of this forum.
KennyFSU
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 1991 Suzuki Intruder 750

'91 Intruder 750 seat

Post by KennyFSU »

Looking for an aftermarket seat (rider and passenger) that's more comfortable than the stock one. Thanks.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!
My Bike: Vs800+c90

Re: '91 Intruder 750 seat

Post by Swcoinguy »

The seats should interchange from 85/86 through 09. There is a bracket that's on either the early or the later generation seats that you may or may not need. I forget the details but their is a minor difference in the seat mounts. Basically you may need to transfer a bracket from your seat onto another seat or you may need to remove a bracket to make a seat work on your bike. My VS800 is an 02 and I bought a Mustang 1pc seat a while back. There was some discussion about the seats and brackets but I honestly can't remember the details. Someone will be along and shed some light on the subject.
Btw-where in Florida are you?

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

Any 750/800/S50 seat will bolt onto your bike.
Aftermarket seats will not need the bracket you currently have between the front and rear seat.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

navigator wrote:Any 750/800/S50 seat will bolt onto your bike.
Aftermarket seats will not need the bracket you currently have between the front and rear seat.
The 700 seat should work too right?
I guess the bracket I remembered was not exactly what I though I was remembering lol. I went from a 2pc stock seat to the 1pc Mustang so I guess the bracket was void in my case. I just remember something about a bracket. Thanks for clearing that up. It's been so long I don't remember a bracket on my stock seat. I want to say the stock seat pan was a thick heavy white plastic and everything for mounting was moulded in. I guess the CRS is starting to settle in.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Yup, 700 seat too.
The two piece seat had a bracket bolted to the rear fender between the two seats. It will be removed for a one piece.
The S50 single seat has a bracket underneath that bolts to the tabs on the pillion rails.
Those tabs are not on the earlier bikes and are not needed for one piece aftermarket seats.
simply attach the one piece seat to the tang on the rear fender and use two bolts up front.

KennyFSU
Practicing Bicycling

Post by KennyFSU »

Swcoinguy wrote:Btw-where in Florida are you?
Hello from Tampa!
navigator wrote:Any 750/800/S50 seat will bolt onto your bike.
Thanks for the replies, fellas. Any idea which year seat is most comfortable for long rides? Is Mustang the only company that makes a seat for it?

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

The stock S50 seat I find more comfortable than any 2 piece seat....but not optimal.
Mustang and Corbin both make aftermarket, I like my Corbin, they make the seat to fit your measurements, and you choose the cover fabric.
Suzuki makes a pillow gel seat, but in the Florida sun, the gel soaks up and holds heat. I would not recommend gel in your climate. The pillow seat is also button tufted which holds water after a rain shower.
Mean City Cycles will re-foam a stock seat for more comfort. I had a stock S50 seat re-foamed by a local upholstery shop with good results, he removed foam in the center to relieve tailbone pressure.
To each his own.

KennyFSU
Practicing Bicycling

Post by KennyFSU »

navigator wrote:The stock S50 seat I find more comfortable than any 2 piece seat....but not optimal.
Mustang and Corbin both make aftermarket, I like my Corbin, they make the seat to fit your measurements, and you choose the cover fabric.
Suzuki makes a pillow gel seat, but in the Florida sun, the gel soaks up and holds heat. I would not recommend gel in your climate. The pillow seat is also button tufted which holds water after a rain shower.
Mean City Cycles will re-foam a stock seat for more comfort. I had a stock S50 seat re-foamed by a local upholstery shop with good results, he removed foam in the center to relieve tailbone pressure.
To each his own.
Awesome, thanks for the info again.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

navigator wrote:Yup, 700 seat too.
The two piece seat had a bracket bolted to the rear fender between the two seats. It will be removed for a one piece.
The S50 single seat has a bracket underneath that bolts to the tabs on the pillion rails.
Those tabs are not on the earlier bikes and are not needed for one piece aftermarket seats.
simply attach the one piece seat to the tang on the rear fender and use two bolts up front.
It may very well have been the S50 seat that had a bracket I didn't need. I was looking for the S50 seat before I found the Mustang, makes sense now that you mention it.

Swcoinguy
Got My M1 License!

Post by Swcoinguy »

KennyFSU wrote:
Swcoinguy wrote:Btw-where in Florida are you?
Hello from Tampa!

Your not to far from me then, I'm in Ft Myers.
My Mustang 1pc seat is pretty comfy but finding one may prove difficult. Mustang hasn't made my seat in a while as far as I know. I bought it years ago from a member on the old forum. Nav says the S50 seat is a fair option and I've heard that before. It may be a decent option and should be available on eBay if no one here has one. One thing is for sure, almost anything is better than the stock brick Suzuki supplied lol.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

If you opt for Corbin, you want a Dual Tour (2up seat for the passenger).
Not a Gunfighter which has no provision for her.