New intruder owner

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
rix86
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Numerous

New intruder owner

Post by rix86 »

I'm Rick. In Tacoma wa.
My father in law just gave me his 97 1400 intruder.
Had a problem when fuel to the front carb, I may have already fixed, and it needs a driveshaft boot and a battery. And unfortunately it's got pinholes in the gas tank.
Ordered a kreem kit.
Going to keep a lookout for a replacement tank though.
Anyway...pics:

THAT guy

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: New intruder owner

Post by FallenAngel »

Welcome Rick from Tacoma That is a very nice looking Bike your Father in law gave to you
Watch these 2 threads for Parts
BRONX INTRUDERS PARTS & CUSTOMS
http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewforum.php?f=76
Flea Market
http://www.intruders-alert.com/viewforum.php?f=20

Bronx is a trust worthy member He is honest and fair. I have sent him many dollars for parts and have never been let down..
I believe I can say this about most of the members here. I have purchased many parts and accessories from a few Intruders’ Alert members.
I myself live in Shoreline Wa right on the King Snohomish county line. I do on accession get to Tacoma
The 1400 fuel tank is getting very hard to find but these parts do pop up from time to time so don’t stop looking I am hopping to build custom tanks just for intruders But space and time hasn’t permitted that to happen. I have looked at a few tanks of other bikes to see if I could make it work But there is no replacement for the sleek look of the intruder tank
There is another option other then completely coating the inside of your tank. If not done correctly it will fail.
I use an epoxy 2 part putty that when it comes in contact with gasoline it gets hard. We call it Fire Mans Putty. You can find it at most Auto parts stores and it primary purpose is to seal Fuel tanks. It comes in a cylinder like tube. It is gray on the outside with a black core. Just cut of a peace kneed it together and spread on the hole with your finger’s
The cool thing is You can use this stuff to stop a leak in progress. Hence the name “Fire Men’s putty”

rix86
Studying MC Handbook

Post by rix86 »

My plan for the tank is the epoxy stuff thinly applied from the outside after a shallow dent, and then kreem the inside.
The paint was really quite nice so it's kind of a shame this happened because it has not done anything good for the paint.
If I could find a new tank with the right color paint I would probably pay the 650 whatever dollars to get it.
THAT guy

rix86
Studying MC Handbook

Post by rix86 »

Oh... And I have a decent set of saddle bags for it.
THAT guy

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Sounds like you have done some thinking on that Plan there.

Keep us posted on your progress. [emoji106]

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Ride safe and Post often [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

Beautiful bike. Welcome aboard!
Arthritis sucks!