Hello from Reno

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Brizzman
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2005 Yamaha Warrior

Hello from Reno

Post by Brizzman »

I just bought an '88 Intruder 750. It's a little beat up and was running on 1 cylinder some of the time when I got it. It had a bent clutch lever and left foot peg that were pretty easy to straighten out. The brake light was always on, the left turn signal didn't work, the left front running light was out and the low beam didn't light up. After adjusting the front brake switch (and turning it around) I got the brake light to work properly. I then saw there was no rear running light. I replaced that bulb and the rear left turn bulb and got those working. I need another 1157 bulb to fix the front running light and hopefully a new headlight bulb will fix the low beam. I found a coil wire with split insulation rubbing on the coil mount. A bit of liquid electrical tape was a quick temp fix and its running much better. I hope this will be a decent little bike once I get everything straight.
Brizz

'88 Intruder 750
'05 Warrior 1700
'92 Virago 1100

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Hello from Reno

Post by navigator »

Welcome, sounds like you are on your way to riding soon.
Enjoy your new ride.

Forge
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: 99 Valkyrie Interstate- 05 S83

Post by Forge »

Welcome aboard!
Arthritis sucks!

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Welcome. makes you feel good to fix and get going. Makes trouble shooting on trips better also. Post often and have fun.Lots of nuts here and a few know a good bit about motorcycles!

Brizzman
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2005 Yamaha Warrior

Post by Brizzman »

Thanks for the welcomes. The headlight turned,out to be 2 separate problems, neither of them the light bulb. The contacts in the headlight connector were dirty and the highbeam switch contacts were dirty. The highbeam switch was a real pain in the ass. I dropped the little spring from the contact pad 3 times and had to search for it before I got it all back together. I also broke one of the soldered connections for the horn in the process. I got that soldered back in place and got everything back together.and everything works now except for the left front running light. I still need to get a bulb for that.

Next up will be the ugly wiring running along the right side between the tank and frame. I don't think that is the way it is supposed to be. If possible I want to run it under the tank out of sight.
Brizz

'88 Intruder 750
'05 Warrior 1700
'92 Virago 1100

Marauder03
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: Intruder 1400vs

Post by Marauder03 »

Hi welcome to the forum, I’m new here as well. So far I’ve found a ton of information on my bike. I.D suggest you down load the manual it’s a must have. Good luck with your bike.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

WELCOME TO THE BOARD

RIDE SAFE AND POST OFTEN [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"