New to the board, from Ft Lupton, Co.

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
woodsnake
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1995 VS1400

New to the board, from Ft Lupton, Co.

Post by woodsnake »

Good morning/afternoon/evening to you all!
I used to spend some time on another "Intruder Alert" board, that seems to have been closed down for awhile. I missed that board, but was away from my motorcycle for those couple years, and am now back to riding a bit, and trying to work on the motorcycle.
I have a 95 1400 that I bought while I was on deployment, in Africa. I got a few miles on it that first summer, and then deployed again to Kuwait. I did get a few more miles in after my last deployment, and then a lot of life happened! So, fast forward a couple of years, and I am a new home owner, and back to working on my fleet of classic Cougars. I have a 67/68 and a 69 that I have been working on for a very long time.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending some time here now!!
Thanks,
Brian

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Re: New to the board, from Ft Lupton, Co.

Post by jeffcoslacker »

You don't see a lotta Cougars any more...they always were kinda rare though...I haven't seen one on the road in probably 15 years! That's cool that you have two (or three? Confused) :confused:

I'm trying to remember where Ft Lupton is...I used to live in the Denver area and that's a name I'm very familiar with, but I'm drawing a blank. I lived for a time in Brighton, maybe you are north of there? Can't remember...

Hey, that just made a connection in my misfiring brain! When I lived there in Brighton we had one of those end of the freakin world violent summer mesocyclone storms that spawned tornadoes and a helluva lot of large hail...there was a burst of heavy hail locally that ran as large as baseballs...my car was in a carport and didn't catch any, but it shredded the roof of the place I was living, knocked out just about every window facing south-west in town, destroyed everybody's A/C coil, and just PULVERIZED cars...never seen anything like it or since.

In the aftermath, riding around town just gawking at the damage a day or two later, I saw a '69 Cougar that was obviously someone's baby, with a beautiful candy red metallic paint job, all the glass knocked out, all the flats and one whole side looked like a baked potato...not 3 square inches of straight metal on it. It had a for sale sign on it, asking $350. I seriously considered it, but that was way beyond my abilities to resurrect at the time. It was heartbreaking to see though.

So yeah, anyway...welcome aboard! And thanks for your service!

woodsnake
Tricycles are Cool

Post by woodsnake »

Thanks for your support!
I do have three Cougar's, and I forgot to mention the 71 mustang fastback that I am trying to get sold...Lupton is just straight north of Brighton on 85. I hate that too, when I have lived somewhere, and just can't place where something was...
My wife was out here in May this year, and we had one of those stupid hail storms..Having spent most of her life on or near Long Island, she was really amazed at how much damage the hail could cause! Thank God my 69 was in the garage! Although, my part of town seemed to only get rain and wind..

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

There is a Cougar near my house in someones backyard just rusting away. I hate to see that.

Welcome! Good to see another car guy. :cheers:

woodsnake
Tricycles are Cool

Post by woodsnake »

I hate to see them rotting too...Where are you/is the cougar at?

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

woodsnake wrote:I hate to see them rotting too...Where are you/is the cougar at?

Covington, Ga

woodsnake
Tricycles are Cool

Post by woodsnake »

Bummer, too far for me to go, at the time, for another project...

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Welcome back to IA 2.0, IsA.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board.....Please make yourself comfortable, pull up a chair and join us

Ride safe and Post often [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"