Howdy from West Alabama

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
oldman_oldbike
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1986 Suzuki Intruder 700 VS

Howdy from West Alabama

Post by oldman_oldbike »

Brand new member! Just purchased an '86 VS700 and so far I'm in love with the bike. First bike I've had in 21 years! I've owned: 1987 Kaw KE100 (lil dirt bike), 1986 Rebel 250, 1988 Rebel 450, Kaw 454 LTD, 1995 CBR 600 and now the Intruder.
I found this forum online while looking up information about the bike after I purchased it. I became a member and had so far, enjoyed reading some of the posts and looking at the pics of everyone's bikes. Ya'll got some really nice machines out there! Mine is in the process of getting there but it's a 31 year old bike that the previous owners didn't take care of as well as I would've.....so, ya know. So we're dealing with tropical storm Cindy at the moment and have received 9.8 inches of rain over the last 3 days and I FINALLY saw a break in the rain for about 45 mins this afternoon and I took advantage of it and went on a short ride of about 35 miles round trip just to crank it since it hasn't even been started in 3 days. Good news was however, that I pulled out the choke and just bumped the starter and it kicked right off. I'd wager the starter didn't even make 3 full rev's before it cranked...so that's good! Anyway, I'm rambling...just wanted to introduce myself and let ya'll know that I'll be looking to some of ya'll for your expertise as I gradually make my Intruder a real thing of beauty!

m2h
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: 03 VS1400

Re: Howdy from West Alabama

Post by m2h »

oldman_oldbike wrote:Brand new member! Just purchased an '86 VS700 and so far I'm in love with the bike. First bike I've had in 21 years! I've owned: 1987 Kaw KE100 (lil dirt bike), 1986 Rebel 250, 1988 Rebel 450, Kaw 454 LTD, 1995 CBR 600 and now the Intruder.
I found this forum online while looking up information about the bike after I purchased it. I became a member and had so far, enjoyed reading some of the posts and looking at the pics of everyone's bikes. Ya'll got some really nice machines out there! Mine is in the process of getting there but it's a 31 year old bike that the previous owners didn't take care of as well as I would've.....so, ya know. So we're dealing with tropical storm Cindy at the moment and have received 9.8 inches of rain over the last 3 days and I FINALLY saw a break in the rain for about 45 mins this afternoon and I took advantage of it and went on a short ride of about 35 miles round trip just to crank it since it hasn't even been started in 3 days. Good news was however, that I pulled out the choke and just bumped the starter and it kicked right off. I'd wager the starter didn't even make 3 full rev's before it cranked...so that's good! Anyway, I'm rambling...just wanted to introduce myself and let ya'll know that I'll be looking to some of ya'll for your expertise as I gradually make my Intruder a real thing of beauty!
Welcome to the board. Hope you have as much fun with your aquisition as we have with ours. :putput: Some great guys with alot of knowledge here. Enjoy! [emoji106]
M2H
" Old Guys Rule!" :rock:

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Re: Howdy from West Alabama

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Ride safe and Be safe [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"