The New Guy, buddy of YoDude.

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Snakeshack
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 15 Versys 08 KLR 650

The New Guy, buddy of YoDude.

Post by Snakeshack »

YoDude has been telling me to join for some time, so here it goes; I don't own an Intruder, but I'm a fan. I have ridden YoDude's and it's allot of fun. I ride every day so I don't tolerate bikes that don't perform in certain ways:
I don't appreciate fat, bloated cruzers that I you have to slow down to a crawl to make a giant turn.
I don't like race bikes that have a riding position like I'm Superman, and I can't ride for more than an hour because it's soooo uncomfortable.
I won't ride bikes that have seats that feel more like log splitters than seats.
I just can't get into bikes that are so big that the only reason they are called motorcycles, is that they have two wheels (sorry, 3 wheel bikes are NOT motorcycles!!! Some are cool, but they ain't bikes!)

Even though I don't have an Intruder at the moment, I really appreciate a Performance Cruiser. They are some of my favorite bikes. I rode a 85 Honda Magna for years. Some others are the V-Max,Yamaha Warrior, Triumph Rocket III, and the Victory Octane. I do believe the Intruder is the best bang for the buck, and is just one of those fun bikes to ride.

Back story: I have known YoDude for almost 30 years. He really is like a brother. We have worked together off and on for many years. He has owned a few of my vehicles over the years. He bought my 92 Suzuki GS650G and rode the wheels off of it. At this time, I'm riding a 2015 Kawasaki Versys with 32K on her. My last bike was a 2008 Kawasaki KLR650 which was retired with almost 80K on her. Sooo many farkles on that one!

Well, that's enough for now....Time to explore this place.

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Re: The New Guy, buddy of YoDude.

Post by old time rider »

Welcome even if a good friend of YoDude. [emoji2] .A Rocket three is anything but light! A KLR is the swiss knife of on/off IMO but the Vstrom a better tour bike. Lots of my old coot friends still have a KLR in the stable. Was your Magna a 45? Seems you see more of them than the others.Good v-four with so much stuff inbetween the V making work a little more a slight nit pick.I ran against a few of the V-65 and Yamaha V-Max at strips on my 83 GS1100ES. Never beat by them but because the shaft was lots harder to launch than the Suzuki. On the open road the V-Max had more top end than my 1100. Have fun and post often. :cheers: Old coots like me like to talk about the old days and how fast we were.A few really were!
Cuban,JFL,and more than you would think are a little,no a lot crazy! With a name like MadCow that one of the bunch has what would you think? :eek: We have a few active and retired cops. Bodog is of the good ones :HatTip: but the 98 something? or Kid Cop :hahafinger: is a mess and pulls fences and trees in his spare time for money with his cruiser. A seven year old stole his big wheel while it was by his cop car. He is getting Dale H. from the TV series to help find it.Just do not go to FL around where he is and no fear. :putput:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

An Intruder a performance cruiser?

:lmao: :lmao:
-DBTO

Snakeshack
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 15 Versys 08 KLR 650

Post by Snakeshack »

I should premise my Rocket comment; They FEEL lighter than they are when you are riding them, and more nimble than they look. I think it's all the LBS down low and the ange of the forks. I don't know, maybe I was so impressed with the power when I took it for a test ride , I overlooked a few things.
My Magna was just that a Magna. The 45 was made till 84 and was a 750. The Magna was a 700 that was the result of tariffs. it had Interceptor Carbs (allegedly tuned like the Interceptor) that put out more ponies that the 45. I had a buddy with a V65, and for a short time I have a V65 Saber. Those were damn fast!
V-Stom is a better HW bike for sure, but a KLR is a way better all around bike...if you like to go off road also. I'd rather take a KLR into the Apocalypse any day. If ya can fix a lawn mower, you can fix a KLR! Besides, I'd rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. :rock:

I'm not an ex-cop, but I was Fire up in the Gold country of CA for a while.

...I consider the Intruder a performance twin compared to some of those heavy sloppy Harleys, Victories and Stars. It doesn't handle too bad compared to some of them either. Sooooo it's kinda at the bottom of the performance list, but not too bad IMO

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Post by navigator »

MadCow wrote:An Intruder a performance cruiser?

:lmao: :lmao:
YUP!!!!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Ride safe and Be safe [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"