hello from steveinsandiego

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Steveinsandiego
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: bikeless for now

hello from steveinsandiego

Post by Steveinsandiego »

gee whiz, i was wondering whether the old intruderalert forum from the 90s had been resurrected...nope...but i found this site, and names i recognized! princemo, dr alloway, jonnycando, lechy, night-wolf, skree, tabasco, yodude, canuck07, mattsunn, madcow. what th'!!!!

nothing really new with me except: i've been on a 2015 v-strom 650 since 9/15, but looking to replace it with a honda cb500f. the frau and i have downsized, only a couple of miles from the previous homestead, which my daughter, her hubby, and our two grandboys now live in (they're responsible for paying off the refi we used to pay cash for the new place - well, not new, it's 30 yrs old, gated community but not age restricted, well-kept, zero lot lines, pool and jacuzzi). it's 950sf 2/2/2 down from a 1950sf 4/2/3. yeah, barely room for the v-strom in the garage, certainly no more room for a second scoot or the honda would already reside there...LOL.

life's pretty good, i must admit. my biggest problem is dealing with spinal stenosis.

anyhow, i'll peruse this joint, look for others who were associated with the previous forum, and, well, you know. see y'on the board. [emoji2]
don't die wondering

Cuban
Bike out of hock
My Bike: Intruder

Re: hello from steveinsandiego

Post by Cuban »

Welcome aboard Steve. It's really great to see ya, alive and well and all that. Yeah, we've been having a grand old time, and I don't expect it'll change... even now that you're here! :wink: :lolfall: :cheers:

MadCow
Site Admin
My Bike: 2023 Pan America Special

Post by MadCow »

Welcome aboard Steve, glad you made it here!

:rock: :rock:
-DBTO

old time rider
Back on the Road
My Bike: 650Vstrom

Post by old time rider »

Steve good to hear from you :clap: .I was Paul on the old board but new name fits me better. Still have my Vstrom bought new in 012 and ruined the front hub on a trip that the wheel bearing went out on.Back on the road now after seven months down with 55,000 on it now.Got a C50 and two RoadStars now plus the old Harley but it needs work.Really liked your old pics of the small Honda, you,the wife,and kids clean cut look.You all looked like the nicest people on a Honda adds. :lmao: Run some of them again if you can.Your kid had a Vulcan,right?Sure the new bunch as well as us old coots would like to see the pics again. :putput:

Lechy
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: VS800 Honda Phantom 200

Post by Lechy »

Hi Steve, welcome to the sight.

[emoji41]
Grow old disgracefully young man.

Steveinsandiego
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: bikeless for now

Post by Steveinsandiego »

aha, i recognized the aka!

yep, san diego is a wonderful place to live. we plan to die here...LOL. i appreciate living close to goods and services; yeah, doggone gobs of traffic, but...what the heck.
year-round riding, and you can take in the beach, mountains, and desert in one day.
don't die wondering

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Welcome Steve! :cheers: :clap:

When growing up I lived in Lemon Grove...could see Coronado Island from by bedroom window. I always looked for The Star Of India on our way to Mission Beach. [emoji106]

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

WELCOME TO THE BOARD

THROW YOUR HAT IN THE CORNER
AND STAY A LITTLE LONGER [emoji106]
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

I can attest to the, "Year 'round riding" climate. That's my home town!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

jeffcoslacker
Back on the Road
My Bike: Kugelblitz-Kriegshammer 2200

Post by jeffcoslacker »

AAAAWWWW HELL!

He found us, guys.

Now we gotta pack it all up and move again.

God dammit! :bang:

(Hi SinSD [emoji2] )

SuzyRidr2
Joined a 1000cc Club
My Bike: 2001 Suzuki VL1500

Post by SuzyRidr2 »

Good to see you posting here Steve. I know about spinal stenosis and bulging discs and such. I've had one vertebrae in my neck fused already. I had one disc blow completely out. Hoping the rest of them hold up. Stiff neck now, makes it difficult to look over my shoulder when riding, so I had to learn to rely more on mirrors, but still riding when I can. [space] [emoji106]
lovineveryminuteofit