Hello from So-Cal

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
DannyAl
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS 1400

Hello from So-Cal

Post by DannyAl »

Hello my name is Danny and I ride a 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS 1400 bobber custom.
I done most of the customization myself but I'm still learning about it. Really love it. I named her Irina :P

Right now she is being fitted with 2 new cables for the carbs and brackets and currently going to put a new/used speedo on her since the current one is busted and twitches when ridden. Does anyone know how to take it apart? Like i said Im still learning about it and I don't want to make some stupid mistake so better to be safe than sorry. I don't claim to be no expert.

Lets ride.

DannyAl
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 2000 Suzuki Intruder VS 1400

Re: Hello from So-Cal

Post by DannyAl »

98VS1400 wrote:Welcome! The speedometer comes out of the housing easily but it's sealed so you can't fix it. Are you sure it isn't just the cable? Or the speedo gear on the front wheel?

Post up in the tech section for more help.

Thank you! and the speedo just needs to be replaced actually. The mileage was 99k and now has went to 1 mile. The needle is twitchy and the speedo just looks bad so I have this used speedo from the same bike off ebay and it looks way better and the mileage is at the right miles in which the bike has and it's 40k. So I'm just looking to replace the busted one to this used one
Lets ride.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Hi and welcome aboard! The Tech Section is your playground while there are other places that are equally interesting as well! Please enjoy your stay!

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

WELCOME TO THE BOARD

THROW YOUR HAT IN THE CORNER
AND STAY A LITTLE LONGER [emoji106]

Love that color combination
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"