Don

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Tripseven
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Sold it for an 82 Corvette

Don

Post by Tripseven »

Hello!

I'm Don, online I hide behind Tripseven. I need to find some pictures to post of myself and my scooter.

The bike is a mostly stock 2004 VS 1400. I've done a few things to it. New exhaust, I removed about 3 inches of foam from the seat. It drops me down a bit and makes for a lower center of gravity. I also added forward controls.
I'm convinced that I bought the last set of Jardines available in North America... I waited two months for a set from cruisercustomizing, only to be told they were discontinued by Jardine. grrrr

I'd love to be in the movies, but I have a face for radio, a voice for writing, and arthritis

DMIntruder
Riding on Learners Permit

Re: Don

Post by DMIntruder »

Man you got the VS1400 just in time. Just before the re-branding to the S83 in 2005.

Tripseven
Studying MC Handbook
My Bike: Sold it for an 82 Corvette

Post by Tripseven »

DMIntruder wrote:Man you got the VS1400 just in time. Just before the re-branding to the S83 in 2005.
Not really. I had a '94 1400, from '96 to 2002. I just picked up the '04 last December. Wifey got it for me as a belated Christmas present. It only had 2800 miles on it.

I hadn't thought of it before, but what were the changes? Or was it just renaming?

I'd love to be in the movies, but I have a face for radio, a voice for writing, and arthritis

DMIntruder
Riding on Learners Permit

Post by DMIntruder »

Tripseven wrote:
DMIntruder wrote:Man you got the VS1400 just in time. Just before the re-branding to the S83 in 2005.
Not really. I had a '94 1400, from '96 to 2002. I just picked up the '04 last December. Wifey got it for me as a belated Christmas present. It only had 2800 miles on it.

I hadn't thought of it before, but what were the changes? Or was it just renaming?
Primarily asthetics, but they added the dumbass toolbox thing where the older horn was. They removed the backrest and made it an option, thus moving the toolbox. Replaced the nice handlebars with some crappy drag bar. There may have been other changes too. I know I would never buy an S83.

YoDude
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Suzi 1400

Post by YoDude »

Hi Don, welcome to the site. Enjoy yourself and have some fun. Bike pics are great to see, we all love them. Anyway, thanks for signing up it's greatly appreciated.

Yo-
Intelligence is just the right thing to have, to render yourself extinct.