Old rider from Old England

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
SuzukiRock
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Suzuki VS 750

Old rider from Old England

Post by SuzukiRock »

Hey guys, stumbled upon this place and figured I'd say hello! (Begging for help comes later!)

Up until a few years ago I'd been on two wheels for around 20 years. Had a break for a few years to deal with some family issues and I figured now was as good a time as any to get back into it... albeit on a budget!

Owned an M800R intruder (I think you guys stateside call it a Boulevard or a Marauder or something?) a decade or so ago and loved the bike, so when I stumbled upon a '91 VS750 for really reasonable price I figured it would atleast feel a little like dating your ex's mother... kinda familiar, you know? Anyway, I got a little carried away, bought it before seeing it so that the guy could drop it off miles out of his way... you know how it goes, tale as old as time :ShitGrin:

Anyway, I ended up with an AliExpress bobber which has been devouring my income ever since, so expect lots of "HOW THE FUDGE DO I MAKE THIS WORK AFTER THE LAST GUY(s) BUTCHERED IT!!!"

I'll post some pictures when I remember how message boards work, last time I used one they were a new thing :uhh:

But yeah, Hello!

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Re: Old rider from Old England

Post by sgtcall »

Welcome!
Here are a couple of things to check out.

INTRUDER MANUALS AND INFORMATION
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14168

POSTING PICTURES ON INTRUDERS ALERT
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13992
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

SuzukiRock
Tricycles are Cool

Post by SuzukiRock »

Thanks Sgt! I have the Suzuki and Clymer manuals for the bike already, but the refresher on image posting will come in handy for sure!

SuzukiRock
Tricycles are Cool

Post by SuzukiRock »

Couple of "before" images, this is how the bike came to me. Should look a little different when it's done :ShitGrin:

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

I like it. Hope you get it running right.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Nice bike.... I like it just as it is..
Oh and

Welcome to the board.
Ride Safe and Post often :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"