New member from Eastern Pa

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Bajatcr7
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 96 Intruder 1400

New member from Eastern Pa

Post by Bajatcr7 »

:cheers:
Hello all. New member to this board. I joined a few months back when I was trying to buy a 1400 (someone beat me to it) so I just lurked a bit here and there. While I'm new to this site I'm not entirely new to the Intruder. I have had a few through the years and full circle here I am again. I see a few familiar names from the old Intruder help site.
I just purchased a new to me 95 1400. I'll be looking for some help over the next few months while I bring this old girl back to life. Thanks for having me.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: New member from Eastern Pa

Post by navigator »

Welcome Back. :cheers:

Designer
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: Two 1400 Custom Made Choppers

Post by Designer »

Welcome to The Board! Good to have you here. :space: :cheers:

As we have seen several times before, they who once owned a 1400,...long for,...and often buy another one. :space: :rock:

You are fortunate that yours has the Jardine Forwards. :space: They are QUITE the desirable ones....and are now made of Unobtainium. :space: :ShitGrin:

But,...Ya know?.....Those Saddle Bags look like they might need some help. :space: :Umm:

Time To Ride Country Two Laners. :ShitGrinandThumb:

CENSORSHIP IS WHAT TYRANTS RESORT TO WHEN THEIR LIES LOOSE THEIR POWER. :space: MORS TYRANNIS
Si vis pacem, para bellum!

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Welcome back. Good to have more of the old board on here. The old Intruder board was the first site I ever joined.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Bajatcr7
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Bajatcr7 »

Designer wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:47 am
Welcome to The Board! Good to have you here. :space: :cheers:

As we have seen several times before, they who once owned a 1400,...long for,...and often buy another one. :space: :rock:

You are fortunate that yours has the Jardine Forwards. :space: They are QUITE the desirable ones....and are now made of Unobtainium. :space: :ShitGrin:

But,...Ya know?.....Those Saddle Bags look like they might need some help. :space: :Umm:
Thx Designer. Yeah those bags are rough. It's weird. The bike looks like it was stored indoors while those bags look like they were left in the weather for quite some time. I do think with the wider tank the bags fit the profile of the bike well, so I'll keep my eyes posted for a decent set.
While you are here Back on the old board I purchased a few sets of clutch springs from you. Do you still sell them? Will probably be an over the winter upgrade if I can get this thing going.

Bajatcr7
Tricycles are Cool

Post by Bajatcr7 »

Thanks for the welcome back everyone.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Welcome!

Look into Saddleman bags, they are inexpensive but I have had a set for a couple of years and they are holding up great.

Here are a couple of things to check out.

INTRUDER MANUALS AND INFORMATION
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14168

POSTING PICTURES ON INTRUDERS ALERT
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13992
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

sgtcall wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:52 am
Welcome!

Look into Saddleman bags, they are inexpensive but I have had a set for a couple of years and they are holding up great.

Do you remember which set you have? I looked through the site and found a couple that I like.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Herb wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:45 am
sgtcall wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:52 am
Welcome!

Do you remember which set you have? I looked through the site and found a couple that I like.
I have the Highwayman Slant Saddlebags, Large. They didn't have any to fit the Speedmaster so I went with throw over bags and modified some HD supports to fit. I really like the bags, they hold shape and have plenty of room for me. The one thing I don't like is they don't have quick release buckles but they open easily enough.

https://saddlemen.com/motorcycle-rider- ... l?limit=60

Here is a pic of them on the bike, this is the side I carry a tool kit so it is a bit heavy.

And the other side.
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club

Post by Herb »

I like the looks of those. I doubt that they have any that are specific to the 1400 so I will probably go with the same thing.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!

Post by sgtcall »

Herb wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:01 pm
I like the looks of those. I doubt that they have any that are specific to the 1400 so I will probably go with the same thing.
They would fit the 1400 well, you will need some sort of support just to keep them from hitting the wheel but mine just hang there and aren't actually mounted, I'm sure they sway out a bit in a turn but I never notice. I did have to take the rubber feet/pads out from the bottom of the rear seat to make it go on, you may have to do the same on the 1400.

I also used 550 cord (para cord) to lace them together because the cord they came with seemed weak.

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »