1988 Intruder in the BC Cariboo

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Cariboointruder
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 1988 Suzuki Intruder 1400

1988 Intruder in the BC Cariboo

Post by Cariboointruder »

Hi All

Bought a 1988 Intruder1400 couple years ago and joined this site. I have a service manual yet its always good to read and post info. I have a few electrical gremlins to figure out. Hope to get it ready to run for Summer 2023. I’m located just north of 100 Mile House BC Canada.

ImPrevious
Practicing Bicycling
My Bike: 2005 suzuki boulevard s83

Re: 1988 Intruder in the BC Cariboo

Post by ImPrevious »

Good to have you. Good luck with those gremlins, they can be tricky :bonk:

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

I hate electrical gremlins. I spent 30 years In the MC as an avionics and electrical tech hunting down the damn things and doing my best to kill them.

I wish you luck with the hunt.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

sgtcall
LICENSE SUSPENDED!
My Bike: Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster

Post by sgtcall »

Welcome to the forum!

I hope you find this site to be a great place to meet and talk with a great bunch of riders about any type of bike. Everyone here is very willing to help with questions or problems for any type of bike. I have personally saved lots of time and money thanks to the skilled help I have received from our members.

As you cruise around the many different sections of this site you will find a wealth of information. There are technical sections and chat sections for various topics.

Please post help requests in the sections related to your bike’s model. Most of the time you will get quick, informed responses.

If you want to just hang out and shoot the breeze the Chit Chat Channel Section will be the place to stop in. Feel free to join in on the banter and debates (arguments), I assure you some of our members may seem like they hate each other but each of them will come together to fix a problem or drink a beer.

If you are searching for a specific problem use the search on the top right or go to the correct section by selecting ‘Board Index’ then scrolling down. If you are looking for something that you posted, go to the top left of the page, click on ‘Quick Links’ and select ‘Your Posts’.

At the bottom right of the page you will find the FAQs section that may help you with the board. If you have additional questions go to THE TEAM link, also at the bottom right, and feel free to send a PM to the team members.

If you haven't done so already please fill out your Profile and make sure that your Profile includes the year and model of your bike(s), and as a minimum, your general geographic location. Knowing where you are can help us help you.

Please take a look at this link that will show you how to post pictures viewtopic.php?f=19&t=13992&p=216001&hil ... es#p216001
Please post a picture of your bike(s).

Remember, the only "dumb" question is the one you don’t ask. The answers you get may save your bike, your wallet or your life!

I hope you enjoy the site. The moderators are here to help if you have questions or concerns. Thanks for joining Intruders Alert.

I wish you safe riding. Keep the Shiny Side Up!
If you have any type of electrical issue, have your battery load tested before you do anything else. Any auto parts store will test it for free.