Hello from Boston!

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
RubyEye
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Boulevard S50

Hello from Boston!

Post by RubyEye »

New to riding, only a few months now... I'm 37 years old, work for a drug testing lab.

Just bought my first bike in June, 2006 Boulevard S50 with only 22K miles ... runs absolutely great! Previous owner seems to have banged it up a bit but only has fairly minor cosmetic damage that I can easily find replacements for.

Came with saddlebag brackets already attached and I recently bought Boulevard Saddlebags from Ebay... Think I might be missing two additional spacers maybe... More or less figured where they're being bolted to but connecting the bags to the bike ... Have spacers that fit the bolts connecting to the suspension springs, assuming I need an additional pair to connect with the bolts connecting the bracket to the fender? ( https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/CfgAAOSw ... -l1600.jpg ) I can take and add a photo of the hardware that was sent with the bags if needed.

Here's a picture of the bike before I put highway bars on it... Great fun so far, learning as I go!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: Hello from Boston!

Post by navigator »

Welcome. :cheers:
To mount the OEM hardback saddlebags you will need fixture nuts to replace the nuts in those 2 locations. Then bolt through the bag into the fixture nuts.
Do yourself a favor and sign up for the MSF safety course. You will learn so much.

Fixture nut.

RubyEye
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: Boulevard S50

Post by RubyEye »

Took the MSF Safety Course in May :ShitGrinandThumb: ... Second day was spent in pouring rain haha ...

Yes, I have two of those fixture nuts ... The bags only connect in that one spot? Bags have two connection spots... (bracket and inside the bag) ... Should I ignore the ones inside the bag?

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Inside the front of the bag connects to the upper shock bolt.
Those fixture nuts are hard to find due to the pitch, I believe they are M12 x 1.25 pitch. You definitely need them.
If you don't have them or can't locate any you may need to weld 2 nuts to a short pipe or have a machine shop fabricate some.
The rear fixture nuts are M8 and easier to find.
You need two upper mounts on each side. The lower tab on the bag (if you have it) slides between the bracket and the wheel.

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club

Post by navigator »

Double check the size and pitch.....
Not cheap.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board. Ride safe and post often :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"