New Guy

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
Acton67
Scooter Enthusiast
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder VS800

New Guy

Post by Acton67 »

Hey guys, joined a few months ago. I'm from Upstate NY in the Ulster County area. Recently got my 92 Suzuki Intruder repowered with a new motor from a 97. 256 miles on the new motor with proof from the seller who also installed it. All said and done with parts and labor it costed me $1500. Now that the bike is up and running I want to do some cosmetic work on it. Already have mini apes, forward controls and Voodoo Industry turnout pipes on it. I also wrapped the head pipes. When I first bought the bike last year I also did a bunch of other work on it including reupholstering the seats with new covers, putting a new speedometer on it and taking off the front fender because it had a huge dent in it. Then after riding the bike for 3 months the connecting rod on the front cylinder blew right through the front of the case. Was able to pull over without any issues thankfully. At this point its fair to say that half the bike isn't even what came on it originally last year. I want to keep going with this project and make it look great! I've got a facetim 5.75" headlight fairing on the way and I've also ordered a new used right fairing cover front fender and tail light off of ebay. Will be looking for advice here on how to clean up this bike and make it look great. Definitely a lot of work to be done but I'm just happy to have her on the road running at this point!

navigator
Joined a 1100cc Club
My Bike: VS800

Re: New Guy

Post by navigator »

Welcome!! :cheers:

tabasco
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: VL1500 C90T + VS1400 Intruder

Post by tabasco »

Cool beans. Welcome

Herb
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 1999 1400 intruder

Post by Herb »

Cool looking ride, welcome aboard.
I can't seem to win the lottery. I think I have used up all of my good luck riding motorcycles.

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board. Ride safe and post often
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"

franktiregod
Joined a 900cc Club
My Bike: SUZUKI

Post by franktiregod »

Congrats on the Zuki! Finest bike ever built.