First Time Owner - PNW

Hey! Tell us who you are and show us your Motorcycle!
If you don't have a Motorcycle, well that's okay!
If you don't know how to post a pic, scroll down to Forum Help.
offthewallds
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 96 Suzuki Intruder VS800

First Time Owner - PNW

Post by offthewallds »

Hey all,

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and thanks for the information on this board. Joined up to access the service manual and hopefully learn a few things along the way.

I'm getting through my MSF course next weekend, they cancelled the riding tests this past weekend due to the heat wave in Seattle. People were getting fatigued in a 90F parking lot on the first day, that was a good lesson in and of itself.

On to the fun bit, last month I picked up a turquoise '96 VS800 on Craigslist, complete with Cali emissions. She's mechanically sound but has faded and pitted chrome and rust on part of the frame. My buddy is currently storing her down in OR, so I'm looking forward to picking her up soon and getting some new tires installed. Carbs, fluids, and battery were serviced by the seller last year, I plan on going through brakes, shocks, and forks this winter. Maybe a bit of electrical maint. as well. She can be ugly, but I'll damn sure get her safe to ride.

Stoked to finally get on an Intruder that I can call my own. :cheers:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Re: First Time Owner - PNW

Post by FallenAngel »

offthewallds wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:28 am
Hey all,

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and thanks for the information on this board. Joined up to access the service manual and hopefully learn a few things along the way.

I'm getting through my MSF course next weekend, they cancelled the riding tests this past weekend due to the heat wave in Seattle. People were getting fatigued in a 90F parking lot on the first day, that was a good lesson in and of itself.

On to the fun bit, last month I picked up a turquoise '96 VS800 on Craigslist, complete with Cali emissions. She's mechanically sound but has faded and pitted chrome and rust on part of the frame. My buddy is currently storing her down in OR, so I'm looking forward to picking her up soon and getting some new tires installed. Carbs, fluids, and battery were serviced by the seller last year, I plan on going through brakes, shocks, and forks this winter. Maybe a bit of electrical maint. as well. She can be ugly, but I'll damn sure get her safe to ride.

Stoked to finally get on an Intruder that I can call my own. :cheers:
offthewallds
Welcome to the boards I also live in Seattle
I am in Lake City

offthewallds
Tricycles are Cool
My Bike: 96 Suzuki Intruder VS800

Post by offthewallds »

FallenAngel wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:56 am
offthewallds
Welcome to the boards I also live in Seattle
I am in Lake City
Slick! I'm over in the Redmond/Novelty Hill area, close to some fun roads. Once I get the bike up here from Beaverton, I may drop you a PM and bend your ear about the platform.

Thanks for the welcome!

-Dan

Travlin
Joined a 250cc Club
My Bike: Ummmmmmmm a 1400

Post by Travlin »

Welcome. I think you will love your scoot. :cheers:

FallenAngel
Joined a 950cc Club
My Bike: Suzuki Intruder 1400

Post by FallenAngel »

offthewallds wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:43 am
Slick! I'm over in the Redmond/Novelty Hill area, close to some fun roads. Once I get the bike up here from Beaverton, I may drop you a PM and bend your ear about the platform.

Thanks for the welcome!

-Dan
Looking forward to meeting
Let me now if you have any problems getting your bike to Redmond

Suzuki Johnny
Joined a 1200cc Club
My Bike: 2020 Tri Glide Ultra Harley

Post by Suzuki Johnny »

Welcome to the board

Ride safe but fast
and post often :ShitGrinandThumb:
duc, sequere, aut de via decede
"frapper fort, frapper vite, frappée souvent-- Adm William "Bull" Halsey
“We’re not going to just shoot the sons-of-bitches, we’re going to rip out their living Goddamned guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks.”--Gen George Patton
"Our Liberty is insured by four "Boxes", the Ballot box, the Jury box, the Soap box and the Cartridge box"